Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Just read this news about chances of expanding Fargodome......
    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/426172/
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

This project is for convention center facilities only

533 In a row

The building is the building. You cannot conceivably expand the seating capacity of football no matter what you try. The building in question will be an attachment to it, much like the front area was some years ago.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The big decision now is where to build it. All of the city commissioners had favored the downtown location. This study may change that. My issue is using FargoDome funds that are in escrow or reserve, for a downtown project. I feel that FargoDome funds should only be used to expand or enhance the FargoDome.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oooooo. I cannot wait to read all of the expert opinions from all of the BV'ers in the construction / building designindustry regarding how best to increase the number of seats, add premium seating options, maintain sitelines, amplify acoustics for FB games and improving accoustics for concerts.
    Insert something clever here...

$56.16 million? Is there that much in the dome account? If not where does the extra money come from?

I don't agree with draining all of the dome's account to build this, the dome itself needs upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    $56.16 million? Is there that much in the dome account? If not where does the extra money come from?

I don't agree with draining all of the dome's account to build this, the dome itself needs upgrades.
    No, there is $30 million and change.

533 In a row

How many Parking Spots will this take from the Dome? Seems to be an important question that isn't getting answered that affects Bison Football and also dome revenue from parking fees.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

I saw what Road posted and this might conflict a little bit with that. The KFGO story at Noon said the proposal assumed the City would contribute $19 Million (which they said was about 1/2 of what is currently in the Dome account) and the rest would be paid for from a 1 Cent City Sales Tax. That additional sales tax would require approval of the voters and petitioning the Legislature since the current sales tax is at, or near, the maximum allowed by State Law. Hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    How many Parking Spots will this take from the Dome? Seems to be an important question that isn't getting answered that affects Bison Football and also dome revenue from parking fees.
    If I remember correctly most if not all of the south parking lot and perhaps maybe some to the east/southeast of that as well. Nothing major, but looking into some ramp parking on the southeast side would be nice. Would create more parking for all events. Just my opinion of course.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.