Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Default Re: Fargodome Expansion discusssion

Not so strange if you remember the destruction of a perfectly good library and building a new one on the same location.

533 In a row

Bump.

Time to get the "pure conjecture" and off season talk into full force.

Per Fargodome authority meeting minutes:
    • Architectural Design Services RFQ Discussion:
    Rob presented a draft RFQ for Architectural Services. Please see attached. Discussion ensued regarding the RFQ. The committee will further discuss the evaluation/selection processes and participants at their January meeting. Nancy Jordheim made a motion to proceed with advertising for qualifications as per the provided RFQ for three weeks during the timeframe of January 8, 2018 through January 29, 2018.

I read all the minutes from 2017 and they don't issue a RFQ for just anything like repainting a wall etc. In fact, they are incredibly vague about what this particular RFQ is for. Its likely a coincidence... but maybe it ISNT?!?! whooooooa!

Lets get the 5-7,000 seat upper deck built. (don't crush my hopes and dreams with all your negativity, haha)
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

http://www.fargond.gov/city-governme...1-2017-minutes

Here's the link for your viewing pleasure
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post

Here's the link for your viewing pleasure
    A special box seat to place TAB to protect the rest of the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    A special box seat to place TAB to protect the rest of the fans?
    heard the first quote came in at 12 Billion Dollars. ALOT of reinforced steel and bulletproof glass
    3. It's time to go FBS

If you bump back to the Oct. meeting minutes you'll see...

• Building Updates: Nancy stated that she would like to move forward with the process to begin building updates and projects that have been discussed at past Authority meetings. The next step would be to send out an RFQ for architectural services to design and price out potential building projects. There is currently $60,000 in the capital budget for architectural services. Upon discussion, the board would like Rob to create of list of projects and define the scope of the RFQ for discussion at the next Authority meeting.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing it has something to do with previous discussions, like the west side expansion renderings, and the need for more restroom facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by offroader613 View Post
    If you bump back to the Oct. meeting minutes you'll see...

• Building Updates: Nancy stated that she would like to move forward with the process to begin building updates and projects that have been discussed at past Authority meetings. The next step would be to send out an RFQ for architectural services to design and price out potential building projects. There is currently $60,000 in the capital budget for architectural services. Upon discussion, the board would like Rob to create of list of projects and define the scope of the RFQ for discussion at the next Authority meeting.

Pure speculation on my part, but I'm guessing it has something to do with previous discussions, like the west side expansion renderings, and the need for more restroom facilities.

I would have to agree- some renos/expansion is better than none, but I want the illusive upper deck so damn bad, haha.. so many prayers...
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I would have to agree- some renos/expansion is better than none, but I want the illusive upper deck so damn bad, haha.. so many prayers...
    Whatever happened to this back in 2014? http://www.inforum.com/news/3661180-...00-215-million

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Whatever happened to this back in 2014? http://www.inforum.com/news/3661180-...00-215-million

I think that's what they are referring to in this RFQ in December. Reading the minutes from the last year, it appears though the dome authority is agreed that they will be adding some kind of expansion/renovation to the west side, but also are waiting to hear what the word is for the City convention center too. If I had GUESS, I think they would want to do something to the west side regardless of what the city chooses to do and that's what they are trying to take the next step in now.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

I love the castle appearance those two columns create...

But like stated earlier, I think this new RFQ is to do a more in depth look at those concepts, like actually figuring out the amount of bathrooms to add, storage space, utilities, etc.