Page 52 of 209 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Nice conversation with AJ Cambric tonight. Said he was a little banged up at july camp so he wasnt running. Said coaches want an athletic qb in this class. they want to see more game tape of senior year amd if they see what they expect to see he expects an offer. He is familiar with Christon and said coaches told him they are not against signing both of them. Either both as qbs and let them battle it out in camp or offer hom as an athlete. He had a lot of positive things to say about NDSU the camp and coaches

NDSU should be stepping up to the 2-3 star recruits consistently now with all thier success. We haven't seen that much in this class that stigma of not being fbs is what's hurting a bit. We are killing it with all the non - fbs recruits though!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU should be stepping up to the 2-3 star recruits consistently now with all thier success. We haven't seen that much in this class that stigma of not being fbs is what's hurting a bit. We are killing it with all the non - fbs recruits though!
    Or we could trust the staff and not get hung up on stars.

I think the star system had more to do with how ready they will be to play as true freshman. The guys we sign this early aren't going to have many stars. A jr in high school needs to add a ton of weight and has limited highlights Thing is most of these kids will redshirt and become kick ass players or add weight their senior season.

I'm not going to be one of those guys who says stars mean nothing but I'll say this. Our only 3 star player player in recent memory was Nick Jacobson and I don't think he was ever any higher on the pecking order than Nathan Tanguay who had zero stars but way more offers. Jensen and Wentz had zero stars but Stafford anf McGinnis were 2 star players. Gerhart and Wahlo were 2 star guy and Vraa had zero stars. How did Michael Allen and Matt Jones have 2 stars and John Crockett zero?

On the flip side Billy Turner was a 2 star guy but he was 6-5, 270 as a senior and played as a true freshman.
    Grant Olson was a 2 star but he was 6-2, 220 as a senior while Littlejohn (no stars) was 5-11, 175 as a senior. It's all about developing

Consider this
    Our front 4 last year of Jirik, Emmanuel, Perry and Drevlow had zero mother fuckin stars! Our starting linebackers had 1 guy with stars.

I say fuck stars. They are for little kids and their math homework

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the star system had more to do with how ready they will be to play as true freshman. The guys we sign this early aren't going to have many stars. A jr in high school needs to add a ton of weight and has limited highlights Thing is most of these kids will redshirt and become kick ass players or add weight their senior season.

I'm not going to be one of those guys who says stars mean nothing but I'll say this. Our only 3 star player player in recent memory was Nick Jacobson and I don't think he was ever any higher on the pecking order than Nathan Tanguay who had zero stars but way more offers. Jensen and Wentz had zero stars but Stafford anf McGinnis were 2 star players. Gerhart and Wahlo were 2 star guy and Vraa had zero stars. How did Michael Allen and Matt Jones have 2 stars and John Crockett zero?

On the flip side Billy Turner was a 2 star guy but he was 6-5, 270 as a senior and played as a true freshman.
    Grant Olson was a 2 star but he was 6-2, 220 as a senior while Littlejohn (no stars) was 5-11, 175 as a senior. It's all about developing

Consider this
    Our front 4 last year of Jirik, Emmanuel, Perry and Drevlow had zero mother fuckin stars! Our starting linebackers had 1 guy with stars.

I say fuck stars. They are for little kids and their math homework
    I give this post 4 stars
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Im just saying with ALL of NDSU's success & exposure We should be pulling in even bigger recruits now. But the roadblock to that is the "stigma" It's just human nature for those 2-3 star kids to say "im not playing fcs" don't kid yourselves it happens a lot.

I just want a day where we get a HUGE 3 star recruit, then we can get excited.

Im just saying with ALL of NDSU's success & exposure We should be pulling in even bigger recruits now. But the roadblock to that is the "stigma" It's just human nature for those 2-3 star kids to say "im not playing fcs" don't kid yourselves it happens a lot.

I just want a day where we get a HUGE 3 star recruit, then we can get excited.
    Excuse the thread drift, but it must suck for everything in your life to not be good enough.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

No its a Great Life! Just want NDSU reaching higher & higher. That's all.

No its a Great Life! Just want NDSU reaching higher & higher. That's all.
    Same here Chapo! I am concerned about the reaching higher thing as NDSU seems happy to cap home game football attendance at 19,000 for the next 20 or 30 years.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was talking to the head pro at the Fargo Country Club a while back. He said that he was talking with Klieman in the pro shop when he'd gotten a call from an obvious recruit. Mark was so impressed with the professional and honest conversation Chris had with this individual. As they say on the tour......These Guys Are Good!!!!!