Page 180 of 209 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2087

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I got excited when I saw like 3-4 pages of unread material about recruits but...
    Nothing new on recruits? Suppose official visits wrap up next weekend and then the fun begins. Man I hope all this class stays. Still hoping for a transfer or JUCO linebacker. Maybe 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 14 View Post
    Nothing new on recruits? Suppose official visits wrap up next weekend and then the fun begins. Man I hope all this class stays. Still hoping for a transfer or JUCO linebacker. Maybe 2
    Not sure we have any $$$$ left. It seems like we might have 1 $$$ spot left, but who really knows???

What is the fascination with juco/transfer players? Sure they have helped us in the past but our last several classes have been damn good on paper and the staff would go after transfers/jucos if needed.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    What is the fascination with juco/transfer players? Sure they have helped us in the past but our last several classes have been damn good on paper and the staff would go after transfers/jucos if needed.
    I think people see other schools getting them and think we should to. Its a natural reaction I suppose. If a kid makes sense I have no issue with it. I Just dont think it is a huge must.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My wish list includes some WRs that are over 6' tall. The two who have verballed are on the short side. Vraa is the only WR in some time in the 6'2" range who have contributed and I can't help but wonder why the Bison coaches don't go after the Weineke and Schneider types. If you look at the Bunny roster, they have only two WRs less than 6' tall and 9/14 are 6'2" or taller, 5/14 are 6'4" and taller. The Bison roster has 9/15 6' and taller with only 3/15 6'2" and taller and only one over that height and he is leaving the team.

It is something I wish you all could help me understand because my guess is that since the Bison don't have much of a reputation for a dynamic passing game the bigger WRs are simply not interested in coming here. In other words, the Bison have trouble recruiting elite WR talent. If Urzendowski was >6'2" he probably would have had more lucrative FCS offers, perhaps? Or is it that the coaching staff simply likes smaller guys? I simply don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    My wish list includes some WRs that are over 6' tall. The two who have verballed are on the short side. Vraa is the only WR in some time in the 6'2" range who have contributed and I can't help but wonder why the Bison coaches don't go after the Weineke and Schneider types. If you look at the Bunny roster, they have only two WRs less than 6' tall and 9/14 are 6'2" or taller, 5/14 are 6'4" and taller. The Bison roster has 9/15 6' and taller with only 3/15 6'2" and taller and only one over that height and he is leaving the team.

It is something I wish you all could help me understand because my guess is that since the Bison don't have much of a reputation for a dynamic passing game the bigger WRs are simply not interested in coming here. In other words, the Bison have trouble recruiting elite WR talent. If Urzendowski was >6'2" he probably would have had more lucrative FCS offers, perhaps? Or is it that the coaching staff simply likes smaller guys? I simply don't know.
    I am not following you...what is a more lucrative FCS offers

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I am not following you...what is a more lucrative FCS offers
    Teams that have a wide open passing offense, and pass more than 34% of the time. Many teams throw the ball 50-65% of their offensive downs which has to be more attractive to the elite WRs. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Teams that have a wide open passing offense, and pass more than 34% of the time. Many teams throw the ball 50-65% of their offensive downs which has to be more attractive to the elite WRs. Don't you think?
    Maybe we don't want WRs that come across that they are concerned about stats? Its a team game and not all WRs are willing to block like required in our offense.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You are overlooking 3 or 4 variables in your assessment. Although Marcus Collins, Jeff Illies, Ben Ellefson (and possibly Connor Wentz) are listed as TEs, they are all tall big-bodied re-
    ceivers who are athletic enough to operate out of the slot, split wide or even out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    You are overlooking 3 or 4 variables in your assessment. Although Marcus Collins, Jeff Illies, Ben Ellefson (and possibly Connor Wentz) are listed as TEs, they are all tall big-bodied re-
    ceivers who are athletic enough to operate out of the slot, split wide or even out of the backfield.
    Wentz and Illies are both 6'3" and Illies is 213 lbs. I don't consider that tall for a TE or big-bodied. The others are 6'4" which is standard. But, everybody has big tall TEs, so what? That's not the point. Those TEs are mostly covered by LBs or occasionally a safety, not a shorter CB.

The question is and the point I am making is specifically with the guys who play the slot or are split out. The Bison have short receivers compared to all of the teams we played in this years playoff. Why is that? The tall WRs put a lot of pressure on shorter DBs that we and most other teams have. The Bison don't put that same pressure on the opposition DBs. Why?

With so few scholarships left, and with the thin nature of the WR group (quality wise, not quantity), I would like to see a tall WR. It's just my wish. Much more needed than say some non-defined JUCO or transfer.