Page 33 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    wildbill. those of us that understand recruiting and football know how big of a deal this is for James. Big Ten offers don't happen around here much. believe it or not NDSU fans are Minnesota fans as well.

Justin Conzemius, Greg Eslinger just to name 2 had offers.
    Most ndsu fans are NOT Gopher fans. Vikings, Twins, and the pro teams yes. Not a single person I know likes the Gophers. The only time I root for them is in hockey when they play UN_

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Part of being an athlete also means wanting play against the best competition. Why not be happy for a kid getting an offer like that? The Minnesota hate, i just don't get it
    It's possible to be happy for him while hating the Gophers. If I was him and the goal was to play in the Big Ten, the Gophers would be 3rd from the bottom of my list. Total dog shit program with fancy facilities to wow kids. I would play out my senior season and when people realize last year's highlights were only glimpses of his skill, he'll get offers to great teams

So I'm very happy for him. Sad for NDSU since hes would have made an immediate impact. The Gophers? They can GFT since I don't like any team that is not ndsu

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Settle down folks, its a recruiting thread.

Samsrams has a lot more insight, but here is my guess. No way Nebraska offers Johannesson at RB, they bring in too much RB talent from populated places to try a guy from North Dakota. Minnesota might give him the "maybe you can try running back if there's room" story but I'd guess they want him for linebacker. Like I said, I'm just guessing.

It would be great to see Johannesson come to NDSU. He would have the chance to be very successful and certainly no reason he couldn't have a shot at the pro's someday.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Settle down folks, its a recruiting thread.

Samsrams has a lot more insight, but here is my guess. No way Nebraska offers Johannesson at RB, they bring in too much RB talent from populated places to try a guy from North Dakota. Minnesota might give him the "maybe you can try running back if there's room" story but I'd guess they want him for linebacker. Like I said, I'm just guessing.

It would be great to see Johannesson come to NDSU. He would have the chance to be very successful and certainly no reason he couldn't have a shot at the pro's someday.
    So do you think a lot of these guys go to a school like MN because they think they have a better chance of getting noticed for the next level. Or with more FCS players going NFL will guys go where they feel best? Or at least start to consider FCS?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

It's perception and exposure. Power 5 schools get this day in & day out 365 days a year. Why doesn't a 4 star recruit say "I'm gonna goto NDSU and be a huge star with huge numbers and get drafted?" It probably would never happen, but it'd be hilariously awesome!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The next time someone reports that a player chose a full scholarship offer at NDSU over a full scholarship offer at Minnesota in football will be the first time someone reports it

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    The next time someone reports that a player chose a full scholarship offer at NDSU over a full scholarship offer at Minnesota in football will be the first time someone reports it
    While I completely agree with you Sams, my source tells me this is not a done deal.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    While I completely agree with you Sams, my source tells me this is not a done deal.
    Yeah there are some things to think about and I am not saying it wont happen ever. Same as I have said the next time a Illinois athlete choses NDSU over a MAC offer or the next time a Florida athlete choses NDSU over any FBS offer it will be the first time. I said last year the next time an athlete choses NDSU over a Big Ten offer will be the first and depending on how you classify Rutgers it happened last year with Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    If it happens it will be because of a choice of position. It could happen with JJ or a kid wants to play QB and big10 schools only project the kid as an athlete etc.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dom Izzo just had James Johannesson on his nightly radio show. James said he went to 4 camps at Yale, NDSU, Nebraska and Minnesota. The Gophers offered him as a running back, they like his running style and speed for his size. Nebraska won't make a decision until later this fall as they still want to evaluate tape after his first two games this fall. They are looking at him for lb or rb. James said he has no timeline for a decision and he will still consider all schools.