Page 181 of 209 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2087

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

MAybe its over rated?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    MAybe its over rated?
    Perhaps. But every playoff game the press made a big deal about how big the WRs were on the opposing team. I doubt like hell the press on the other side of the ledger were saying the same thing about the Bison WRs. But, the Bison won those games so I guess that makes your point.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Wentz and Illies are both 6'3" and Illies is 213 lbs. I don't consider that tall for a TE or big-bodied. The others are 6'4" which is standard. But, everybody has big tall TEs, so what? That's not the point. Those TEs are mostly covered by LBs or occasionally a safety, not a shorter CB.

The question is and the point I am making is specifically with the guys who play the slot or are split out. The Bison have short receivers compared to all of the teams we played in this years playoff. Why is that? The tall WRs put a lot of pressure on shorter DBs that we and most other teams have. The Bison don't put that same pressure on the opposition DBs. Why?

With so few scholarships left, and with the thin nature of the WR group (quality wise, not quantity), I would like to see a tall WR. It's just my wish. Much more needed than say some non-defined JUCO or transfer.
    I think the West Coast offense is more based on precise routes, speed, and yards after the catch. I like the tall receivers on deep passes but let's face it. We throw deep only a few times per game anyway. Not saying I wouldn't like to see the occasional 6-4 or taller guy.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think the West Coast offense is more based on precise routes, speed, and yards after the catch. I like the tall receivers on deep passes but let's face it. We throw deep only a few times per game anyway. Not saying I wouldn't like to see the occasional 6-4 or taller guy.
    For some serious yards after catch look no further than this incoming classes 2 wr recruits. On film, very impressive

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jerry Rice 6'2"
    John Taylor 6'1"

best ever in the west coast. End of story.

According to his Twitter feed (posted today).... OL Cal Twait (Manson, IA) is scheduled to visit NDSU next Saturday.

Bret Larson ‏@larson_bret 2h2 hours ago
    @CTweeezy @alex_bush_5 Any interest in officiating some games on Saturday? College visits?

Cal Twait ‏@CTweeezy 1h1 hour ago
    @larson_bret I'll be at NDSU

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Hartness twins from Davies committed to UN_. That came as a surprise to me seeing as they bled green and yellow when they were younger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    The Hartness twins from Davies committed to UN_. That came as a surprise to me seeing as they bled green and yellow when they were younger.

I don't think we were recruiting them but still good players. I'm sure we're pretty much done with recruiting with the exception of maybe a couple of key guys and walk ons. Bubba seems to be really shifting his focus to North Dakota kids. Probably a good plan since they struggle to win battles against the other Dakota and MVFC schools so they have to develop in state kids which can be effective. This is a rare year. We have gotten so many top guys we haven't done much in state. Odds are we wont always get this many horses from out of state. Hope we can close with some ND good walk ons and maybe the huge olineman from Iowa Cal Twait and keep all the guys... then call it a day

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No surprise at all as UND has to recruit local and regional kids as part of their need to revive interest in the football program. Heidelbaugh from Rugby is another example, offered a scholarship. I'm sure the Hartness kids are only PWO.

Good for them, nice to see any local kids get a chance
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant