Page 40 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Big 10, Big 12, bottom of the barrel FBS school, very low expectation, no pressure to perform, just put in some time and make it look like you are working, thats good enough to hang around in Iowa Cyclones, easy money, easy life.

If he chose NDSU then its a different story, 3 time National Champion, very high expectations, lot of hard work no BS. So its not brainier why lot of 3* 4* athletes chose FBS schools that never win more than 5 games a year.
    Lol, wow. 3 and 4 star kids chose FBS teams because, well, they are FBS teams. They offer kids better competition, more exposure, etc. Do you really believe there is more pressure on kids at NDSU to win?

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Lol, wow. 3 and 4 star kids chose FBS teams because, well, they are FBS teams. They offer kids better competition, more exposure, etc. Do you really believe there is more pressure on kids at NDSU to win?
    Really? Are you saying there is more pressure to win at a perennial doormat FBS team than storied NDSU? I find that hard to believe.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Really? Are you saying there is more pressure to win at a perennial doormat FBS team than storied NDSU? I find that hard to believe.
    I can verify there is more pressure to win at ndsu vs unlv. Shoot unlv has bigger concerns like having a passing apr score

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I can verify there is more pressure to win at ndsu vs unlv. Shoot unlv has bigger concerns like having a passing apr score
    I can't imagine fans at Indiana or Kansas caring about football when basketball is right around the corner.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I can't imagine fans at Indiana or Kansas caring about football when basketball is right around the corner.
    You spelled Iowa State wrong. But BCS is a different can of worms

It's hard to believe but Bohl was on the hot seat after 1 losing season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It's hard to believe but Bohl was on the hot seat after 1 losing season
    Exactly. Also, I spoke to a few of the parents and coaches wives after the blown loss to WIU in 2008 and the coaches had genuine fear for their jobs after 3 losses.

The thing that was interesting to watch was how Bohl changed the program after that. He learned his lesson fast. More rotating to get depth at positions. Double reps at practice to build depth. Not the I am the starter mentality and it is my job. You could even see it in the interviews with coaches and players, it was about the Team the team the team and no I. If a Freshmen came in and earned the spot it was theirs as all spots were open for competition and not just the lip service and coach speak that you see at lots of institutions. As Bohl started to say "Iron sharpens Iron". He stopped messing with our identity also, after that it was a this is who we are this is what we are going to do. No some 3-4 some 4-3 bullshit. We found a scheme and excelled at that scheme and had the players knowing it inside and out and not learning new basics year to year. Now since this is the recruiting thread which we try not to drift on I will bring it back to recruiting. We can go into a living room and say this is who we are and this is what we are going to do, this is how we have done it and this is how you fit in our schemes. You will be able to compete for playing time from day 1 and if you earn it you will be on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The thing that was interesting to watch was how Bohl changed the program after that. He learned his lesson fast. More rotating to get depth at positions. Double reps at practice to build depth. Not the I am the starter mentality and it is my job. You could even see it in the interviews with coaches and players, it was about the Team the team the team and no I. If a Freshmen came in and earned the spot it was theirs as all spots were open for competition and not just the lip service and coach speak that you see at lots of institutions. As Bohl started to say "Iron sharpens Iron". He stopped messing with our identity also, after that it was a this is who we are this is what we are going to do. No some 3-4 some 4-3 bullshit. We found a scheme and excelled at that scheme and had the players knowing it inside and out and not learning new basics year to year. Now since this is the recruiting thread which we try not to drift on I will bring it back to recruiting. We can go into a living room and say this is who we are and this is what we are going to do, this is how we have done it and this is how you fit in our schemes. You will be able to compete for playing time from day 1 and if you earn it you will be on the field.
    Very true. Remember how Breske totally fucked up the Tampa 2? Wow. Just wow. It came back in 2010 and our D kicked ass again

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Nick Goeser ‏@NickGoeser now

Another huge commitment! The Bison DT's are rolling. 2 days-2 commits. I'm excited! #codegreen #bisondefense

Tim Polasek ‏@CoachTimNDSU 3m

Another in the Boat! Twin Cities going to play a Big Role in the 2015 class. #reload #2015bisonclass