Page 136 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2087

Thread: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Hambone is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2015 Recruiting Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Dline retention has been a thorn for not just NDSU but almost all schools.

Horvath
    Lisenby
    Jacobsen
    Ameachi
    Hines

Plus PWO's I had hope for in
    Talmadge
    Hoiby

They would all be on this team if they stayed. Obviously them leaving opened scholarships for other guys. but besides Lisenby, all those guys some BV members had high expectations for.
    i thought I saw that Ameachi signed with Georgia after a stint in JUCO. Haven't heard what's happened to the rest of them. I'm always interested in seeing what happens to kids when they leave their respective programs.
    University of North Dakota *THIS SPACE FOR RENT*

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    i thought I saw that Ameachi signed with Georgia after a stint in JUCO. Haven't heard what's happened to the rest of them. I'm always interested in seeing what happens to kids when they leave their respective programs.
    Harvath is a sophomore on the MSU-Mankota team that recently took 2nd in Division 2.

Nick Jacobsen, had a bright future I though, he had a BCS offer in Pitt if I remember right. What happened with him?

Chuks got into some trouble and was booted I think and he was a friend of Austin Farnloff from AZ I think
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just went back and read the first few pages for fun. Interesting to see the offers. What happened with Datrice Mulsumo? We seemed to be on him early, only getting D2 offers now. Another one is Trey Anderson, dual threat qb that tore his ACL in preseason. UN_ and UNI are the only schools in contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I understand this point, and it is absolutely CORRECT. We also have an all american left tackle who was a walk on. Our development program is second to none. My point would be that NORMALLY (law of averages) you want kids that have a bunch of offers. Sid Hartman would ALWAYS talk about Greg Eslinger. Dude was an All American Center who had one offer. Congrats. THAT KID worked out. you don't want a ton of one offer kids. You want a ton of kids who you had to fight for because many other D1 programs wanted those kids too. We always take a few kids who weren't highly recruited, and some turn out, some dont. Some of our most highly recruited kids don't turn out too...but if you look at the best programs based on rivals rankings every year....those are also the best teams. Teams full of 4 and 5 star recruits are ALWAYS better than a team full of 2 star recruits. Rivals actually does studies on this by the way. So, if I can firmly talk out of both sides of my mouth (haha), I think you need to uncover some of those kids that fit a system (Haeg/Brock Jensen) and develop them with patience, but also win your share of tough recruiting battles.

It isn't about the X's and the O's, it is about the Jimmy's and Joe's.

http://www.gopherhole.com/page/show/...tball-recruits

You can see who we are recruiting against, who our main competition is, and who other local FCS programs are going after. Recruiting isn't an exact science, but give me kids who want to be here and are turning down other options anyday. NDSU is hot right now. Fun program to follow. Doesn't mean we ever overlook a kid who we like. One final note, we are semi strategic in some of our recruiting, because we are followed closely by MAC and FCS level programs. If we offer, especially a kid for defense....you can bank that kid is evaluated QUICKLY by many other programs. Did we miss something? NDSU just offered this kid. Our camps are still the key.
    I agree law of averages say if a bunch of coaches evaluated a guy as a D1 talent and offered, he's probably a solid player. I read something about how Bohl and Kill like to recruit players to their systems which is key. I gotta say we generally have to recruit the Haegs and Lechlers of the world who are 6-6 / 6-7 and bean pole skinny though. If Haeg or Lechler were close to 300 out of high school they would be playing in the Big Ten. Now they have a shot at the NFL. Player development at its best.

When I look at the kid from Bemidji I have a good feeling about him. Good athlete and Duluth has a knack for recruiting solid offensive players out of Minnesota . Heck worst case the kid looks like he could play other positions than QB. If there's ever a year we can pass on a qb it's this year. Doubt we lose another QB in Davis or McGinnis , they will be too far along.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

They have to get some sort of QB in this class IMO. Many of us expect Stick to be #2 out of spring. Not impossible to think Davis and McGinnis could want out at that point. Then what for 2016.

I am in the camp you dont get a full ride QB in this class. A partial or even PWO is a must though. Good thing is I believe in this staff and know they will get the class they need

I think the kid from Bemidji looks like a good athlete. He's pretty sudden for a kid around that size IMO. I like the idea of getting someone that might versatile - I mean look at how valuable Es has been at LB.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

They have to get some sort of QB in this class IMO. Many of us expect Stick to be #2 out of spring. Not impossible to think Davis and McGinnis could want out at that point. Then what for 2016.

I am in the camp you dont get a full ride QB in this class. A partial or even PWO is a must though. Good thing is I believe in this staff and know they will get the class they need
    I dunno. Next year were talking a sophomore and a junior in Davis and McGinnis. Don't see a lot of juniors leave a program. Not enough time to transfer but pretty close to getting a degree. Stanford was all the way from Arizona and left the spring of his redshirt freshman year and had plenty of eligibility Jose Mohler did leave but it's gotta be tough being the starter and then losing it. Besides these are midwest guys. Heck the Davis Bio says he's majoring in agribusiness. You don't see many transfers for ag programs as there aren't many.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm of the belief that both of those guys already know they're #'s 3 & 4 on the depth chart so would'nt they maybe have already thought about moving on or trying a different position?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I think the kid from Bemidji looks like a good athlete. He's pretty sudden for a kid around that size IMO. I like the idea of getting someone that might versatile - I mean look at how valuable Es has been at LB.
    I see he just verballed to UMN-Duluth. I agreed with you, but sounds like he is gone.