Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Building Boom

Default Re: Summit League Building Boom

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I could maybe see if the arena was convenient to bars or restaurants, but you are in the middle of the fairgrounds so you are surrounded by empty barns, the grandstand, and other exhibit halls. The neighborhood around the fairgrounds is not nice so you aren't going to want to stay around there before or after games. What I see happening is possibly recruiting some slightly better kids but getting similar attendance in a nicer arena that holds 6000 people instead of a gym that holds 1200.
    Not sure if you meant to reply to my quote about UNO, but UNO's arena will be situated on-campus in an entertainment district with restaurants, bars, and concerts/events at least 50 nights a year. I can't speak for IUPUI, but UNO is likely to be quite successful in their new arena.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by riceweb View Post
    Not sure if you meant to reply to my quote about UNO, but UNO's arena will be situated on-campus in an entertainment district with restaurants, bars, and concerts/events at least 50 nights a year. I can't speak for IUPUI, but UNO is likely to be quite successful in their new arena.
    I was using hour post to talk about what will happen after IUPUI moves to the fsirgrounds. An offsite college arena may work if you had other things around it. Not the case here.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

These facilities are at least a step in the right direction. I really feel the Summit is an improving league both in quality of play and facilities from top to bottom.

IUPUI's new court...

USD's construction video...

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Denny Sanford Premier Center .... Can't wait to go to Sioux Falls for the Summit tournament!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Building Boom

The UNO court would be better if those seats on the floor were SRO. It would be a pretty fun atmosphere on the floor if they take the seats away and maybe just put a rail or something around the court.

UNO's new arena so far...

NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It's going to be awesome for hockey but the layout for basketball is kind of weak. Never been a fan of that layout since it takes 1 entire end of the arena really far away from the action or has weird Courtside setups. And glass boards? Especially with a huge capacity for Omaha basketball. 7500 seems kind of big when you average 750. Hopefully the new digs help them improve their program. Beats the off campus venue and is a major major upgrade.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com