Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Summit Building Boom

Default Re: Summit Building Boom

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So that basically says there are no future plans of moving volleyball to the SHAC. I believe some made that claim when discussing how the SHAC is a intermediate home for Men's Basketball and eventually other sports like volleyball will take it over. That is unless they plan on removing the center hung boards if that were to ever happen?
    That was me who said it could be a longer term solution. Like 10-15-20 years out(no inside info, just saying there are options). If VB were to move into the SHAC many years down the road after MBB gets a new home, the center scoreboard would come down and new end boards would be put in its place for VB and maybe WBB or WR. By the time a new MBB arena is built, the new scoreboard will be reaching the end of its projected life anyway. I think the bid for the FD videoboards included 10 years worth of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That was me who said it could be a longer term solution. Like 10-15-20 years out(no inside info, just saying there are options). If VB were to move into the SHAC many years down the road after MBB gets a new home, the center scoreboard would come down and new end boards would be put in its place for VB and maybe WBB or WR. By the time a new MBB arena is built, the new scoreboard will be reaching the end of its projected life anyway. I think the bid for the FD videoboards included 10 years worth of maintenance.
    Didn't mean to come off as snarky. Just pointing out if that plan ever were to happen the center boards would need to be removed, but like you said if that is decades out they would probably be past their useful life anyway, but it does indicate how long term that type of plan would be.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBisonRock View Post
    Dome or outdoor?
    Retractable roof. Need to keep up with the F'ng Hawks. We can't let them have a better imaginary stadium.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Retractable roof. Need to keep up with the F'ng Hawks. We can't let them have a better imaginary stadium.
    That they actually showed the renderings to recruits.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
    There is a 8 ft x 21 ft video board at each end of the arena along with a 2.5 ft ribbon that wraps around the top of the arena. Couldn't find any pictures showing the installed version, but the attached you tube video shows some decent views at about the 40 and 70 second marks.
    Watching the USD/Omaha Men's basketball game. The new USD bball arena looks pretty nice. Fair number of people there.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Watching the USD/Omaha Men's basketball game. The new USD bball arena looks pretty nice. Fair number of people there.
    They spent $73mil on it, it better be damn nice!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I believe that price tag was for the entire sports complex project which included an outdoor facility for soccer and track as well as a science, health and research laboratory.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    And the morons connected it to a dump that needs to be imploded dooming their football team to mediocrity forever. (I am still appalled other SD taxpayers find that facility acceptable. Flippin' dump.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    And the morons connected it to a dump that needs to be imploded dooming their football team to mediocrity forever. (I am still appalled other SD taxpayers find that facility acceptable. Flippin' dump.)
    I have to agree. The BB arena is beautiful, but the whole place jammed together looks like the house that jack built.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I have to agree. The BB arena is beautiful, but the whole place jammed together looks like the house that jack built.
    From the outside the Dakotadome has the appeal of a soviet nuclear waste dump and the basketball addition is nothing special to look at. But the inside of the basketball arena is very nice. Some of the finishes are budget conscious but the overall design is really quite impressive. I'd definitely look forward to going to an away game there.