Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Biggest spring ball position battles

Default Re: Biggest spring ball position battles

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Dee Gray will be amazing if he can add some weight. Right now he's too skinny and struggled when jammed at the line. Hes the tallest and one of the lightest. Some people struggle to add weight based in their frame. This is an important off season for him
    wondering where you see him fitting in…….we didn't lose any receivers at his spot we lost a slot receiver something he will never be so his playing time imo is at least another year away…….but u keep saying how awesome he will be and all i just don't get it gave

The only battle at DT will be for snaps. At least 5 will rotate IMHO. I'm not worried about game experience. They have been knocking heads with a great o-line for months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Wherever DeLuca lines up will be a battle. He will start somewhere. I just have that feeling. And no Izzy, not the one in my pants.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    wondering where you see him fitting in…….we didn't lose any receivers at his spot we lost a slot receiver something he will never be so his playing time imo is at least another year away…….but u keep saying how awesome he will be and all i just don't get it gave
    All depends on the off season. He can catch, run, and jump with the best of them and at 6-3 with a great vertical his is a big time mismatch. He actually reminds me of Warren Holloway who didn't start until I think his Jr year. (edit he started sooner but really took off his sr year.. he also weighed more than Dee as a true freshman)

At 178 he will never see the field. (Ryan Smith was 175 and 8" shorter!) At 200 he has All American ability. Depends on how hard he works to add weight. 22 lbs to his frame is tough and he is the same weight listed as a redshirt freshman as he was as a true freshman)
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-31-2014 at 04:10 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm guessing there will be a hand full of potential starters who miss spring ball due to injury. The depth chart isn't going to be set in stone until fall obviously

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    The only battle at DT will be for snaps. At least 5 will rotate IMHO. I'm not worried about game experience. They have been knocking heads with a great o-line for months.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    True. Drevlow and Leevon started as freshman.

I hear Tanguay and Jacobson are pushing 300 lbs and with a redshirt season, spring, and fall camp they should be ready to go. Curious where Grant Morgan fits in. He was 6-4, 266 as a true freshman but I hear he played DE in high school. The battle between those 3 could be fun to watch. And Farnloff is apparently pushing 285 now too.

Then we always have the North Dakota kid who suprises so interesting to see Bryce Messner and Brock Russell

As far as DE goes... obviously Hardie and Emmanual should enter camp as starters. The guys I'll be watching are Tuszka, Ambrosious, and the guy we know very litte about the walk on kid from Florida D'Andre Gillins. Short but very quick and powerful.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Middle Line Backer.

Long snapper is wide open folks...let's not forget that. Sure the LB, OL, QB, RB, TE, DL, CB, SS and FB positions are important...but my focus in on the battle at the LS position. I heard the one guy is up to 230 and the other guy is at 212 already. Rumor has it that the one guy hit a snowman at 30 yards AGAINST THE WIND using the french maid grip. Unreal. I heard good things about the other guy too. Iowa State won't know what hit em August 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I'm guessing there will be a hand full of potential starters who miss spring ball due to injury. The depth chart isn't going to be set in stone until fall obviously

I think they already said, Beck, Heagle, Crockett, and a couple others will miss for injuries to heal up didn't they?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I love the LB group that comes back. Options of talent there seem endless. I love the future of Liekhus, DeLuca and PGT. DeLuca may push after a few games or by mid season to start, but Esley has done very well with the transition to def so I expect him to start the season. Frazier is a nice addition to RB group, one never knows what can happen or when so having the experience of both he and Morlock will be a comforting feeling rather then turning to a true Fresh from this years class. I am excited to see how Jeff Illies works out. Tall, fast guy that can jump very well. Covered him in the media while he was at W-L in hoops and football. Crazy good athlete in HS! How has the year gone for him as far as adding some weight and strength to his slender build.

The biggest battle I see and what I am looking forward to most is the interior DL guys. Perry and Drevlow have been monsters in there and we haven't had to "worry" about it for 4 years. Can that be the case again? Schaetz obviously has the experience, but I have been excited since signing day last year for Nate Tanguay and Nick Jacobsen. Also have heard some good things about Ambrosius. Bigger body inside and sounds like injury isn't going to be an issue but also throw in Austin Farnlof and that is a nice group of people to work into the middle.

All those defensive names and the youth, what a tough problem our new Coach has there huh! Future is bright my friends!