Thread: Notre Dame campus/stadium expansion - this is pretty radical

Default Notre Dame campus/stadium expansion - this is pretty radical

They're building three campus buildings into/around the existing football stadium: student union, music department, and anthro and psych departments; and folding stadium enhancements into the new structures.

http://crossroads.nd.edu/
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 01-30-2014 at 03:01 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Default Re: Notre Dame campus/stadium expansion - this is pretty radical

That is pretty awesome. Schools like Notre Dame and Oregon certainly think big.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Nebraska has something similar with their East Stadium expansion--Nebraska Athletic Performance Laboratory (NAPL) and the Center for Brain, Biology and Behavior (CB3) integrated into the structure:

http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/2540315....CLID=209261325

NDSU could live up to its cow college and moo U nicknames and attach a barn to the Fargodome.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    That is pretty awesome. Schools like Notre Dame and Oregon certainly think big.
    When your spare football funds are equivalent to $400 million you certainly better be thinking big.

It will be amazing to see what Oregon responds with, considering they just put in $68 million weight room and football man cave to have the best facility for attracting recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    When your spare football funds are equivalent to $400 million you certainly better be thinking big.

It will be amazing to see what Oregon responds with, considering they just put in $68 million weight room and football man cave to have the best facility for attracting recruits.
    And were excited to spend 41 million on the entire SHAC remodel. I think we really REALLY need to do some upgrades. Yes, the dome is one of the best stadiums in the FCS and the shac will improve everything across the board, but we really need to be at the top of the FCS in everything to wow recruits and keep coaches. An indoor practice facility would do wonders for looking big time. Yeah I know we have the dome but when you need to travel up north the week before the champ game, that is a bad deal.The coaching offices and meeting rooms are almost 10 years old so were due for a remodel there too. The locker room is solid but nothing special. Heck Nebraska gives all their players flipping iPads! I think that's lame but the reality is that's the college world we live in.

Heck SIU has a new stadium and coaching offices. Illinois State has a new stadium. Youngstown has an incredible indoor practice facility. SDSU is doing significant upgrades. So is USD and UN_
    Now we will likely be competing more with Wyoming and the Gophers are starting to be more competitive for the bubble players and their facilities are awesome now
    Yes we will still be better than most in the FCS but we need to be significantly better. The competition is certainly trying harder

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Does Teammakers have a plan for raising money? A lot of money to go into upgrades for where NDSU is at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Does Teammakers have a plan for raising money? A lot of money to go into upgrades for where NDSU is at right now.
    I'm not sure what their plans are. I know they chipped in for the turf field. I don't know the numbers but I would imagine they wouldn't do much with facilities until all scholarships are funded. That's talking all sports. Can't remember what the total costs are but I think its 3 to 4 million.