Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Exit Fee

Default Summit Exit Fee

Raised from $250k to $1M.

A statement saying this means a Summit breakup is imminent from starvolley in 3 . . . 2 . . .

Default Re: Summit Exit Fee

Big Sky exit fee is $0 for un_... Just sayin'

Ok, technically yes there is a fee but the conference has the option to waive it. And anyone thinking the other members wouldn't just give them a free exit just to not have to travel to el forko by way of Fargo, well, they're fooling themselves.
    Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Raised from $250k to $1M.

A statement saying this means a Summit breakup is imminent from starvolley in 3 . . . 2 . . .
    There's something significantly wrong with that star2city/Siouxvolley guy. His style of argumentation or stating his case or whatever it is he's trying to do, reminds me of the Iraq Information Minister in the final days before the fall of Baghdad.
    Go Jackrabbits!

Cocaine is a hellova drug.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Big Sky exit fee is $0 for un_... Just sayin'

Ok, technically yes there is a fee but the conference has the option to waive it. And anyone thinking the other members wouldn't just give them a free exit just to not have to travel to el forko by way of Fargo, well, they're fooling themselves.
    Sent from somewhere using my Windows Phone.
    Man, you are obsessed with UN_....

Quote Originally Posted by elmerfudd View Post
    Man, you are obsessed with UN_....
    Are you saying that's a bad thing? You'd think that UND fans would welcome any kind of attention at this point ("Yeah, they're smacking the hell out of us over on bisonville but that's about the only way we have relevance anymore.") In short: Everybody wins.

Anyway, the exit-fee deal made me wonder if UMKC might retreat from their WAC attack* - travel costs must be eating them alive and, not to be a doomsayer, but the WAC is looking a little iffy - I'd put it somewhere between a container full of chili left out over night and week-old sushi.

* No, I'm not turning into an NDSU-version of Star2city because, condensed from 1000 words, that would sound something like, "Summit raises exit fees? LOUD NOISES! UMKC must be coming back! LOUDER NOISES! Somehow this means that UND is doooomed!" The topic just made me think of schools that might want into the Summit.

This is sad news. I am not a huge fan of the Summit league, wish NDSU would find a better conference Now we are going to be stuck in this place for even longer.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    This is sad news. I am not a huge fan of the Summit league, wish NDSU would find a better conference Now we are going to be stuck in this place for even longer.
    Strengthen the Summit. Don't see us going anywhere else. As proven by the MVC taking in Loyola... Yes... Loyola.

I wish they would have taken us instead. The Summit is really not that great of a conference. We basically are in it, b/c there was no where else to go after the move from the Great West. The only teams in are other schools that move up from D-2. The conference really has no identity or geographic similarities.. its all just cast offs.

1 school from North Dakota
    2 from South Dakota
    2 from Indiana
    1 from Illinois
    1 from Oklahoma
    1 from Colorado
    1 from Nebraska

Lets be honest.. no Bison fans are going to travel to 3/4 of those states for any kind of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I wish they would have taken us instead. The Summit is really not that great of a conference. We basically are in it, b/c there was no where else to go after the move from the Great West. The only teams in are other schools that move up from D-2. The conference really has no identity or geographic similarities.. its all just cast offs.

1 school from North Dakota
    2 from South Dakota
    2 from Indiana
    1 from Illinois
    1 from Oklahoma
    1 from Colorado
    1 from Nebraska

Lets be honest.. no Bison fans are going to travel to 3/4 of those states for any kind of game.
    Ok, so name a few other states that "most" Bison fans would travel to ???