Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Re: Future schedules?

McFeely talks about this on his show and Bisonville does flips. Genius.

Is this a ratings period?

To the pro-game people (98, Mankato, & Pat):

Which do you want to give up:
    1. 6 home games
    2. FBS game

To get a UND game, you have to give up one of the two. Which is it? No dancing around the question. Which one?

This is not a hypothetical question. If NDSU starts scheduling UND, we will be forced to give up one of the two on a regular basis. So which one of those options is less valuable than UND on the schedule?

Please Gene, don't make me go to Grand Forks.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

If they ever make the playoff the same year we do, this will be a moot point. Once it starts, no matter who schedules it (the NCAA) you won't get the genie back in the bottle.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Please Gene, don't make me go to Grand Forks.

^^^this^^^
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

1. 6 home games
    2. FBS game

To get a UND game, you have to give up one of the two. Which is it? No dancing around the question. Which one?

This is not a hypothetical question. If NDSU starts scheduling UND, we will be forced to give up one of the two on a regular basis. So which one of those options is less valuable than UND on the schedule?
    I'd be OK giving up either once every 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd be OK giving up either once every 4 years.
    But what about every other year? Are you okay with that? If the game is restarted even at every other year, there will be constant pressure to make it an annual game. I doubt NDSU will be able to hold against that pressure for long. If you're not willing to give one of them up every other year, you need to be really careful saying you'd be willing to give one up every four.

But what about every other year? Are you okay with that? If the game is restarted even at every other year, there will be constant pressure to make it an annual game. I doubt NDSU will be able to hold against that pressure for long. If you're not willing to give one of them up every other year, you need to be really careful saying you'd be willing to give one up every four.
    The game simply can't happen every year. Not as a non conference matchup. I got to think Faison will realize that soon. No I would never support a game every year.

1. 6 home games
    2. FBS game

I'm not an expert on scheduling by any means, but It doesnt seem to difficult to make this work in my mind. It would imagine that a standard home and home scenario, alternating every year, would be set in place- replacing the weber state deal this year and for years to come. so we would have 2 OOC home and homes (either every year, or every other year), an FBS game AND 6 home games... Does that work?

Example- figurative 2014 schedule and beyond
    FBS- Iowa state
    OOC Home (home and home 1)- Montana
    OOC away (Home and home 2)- Whioux
    OOC cupcake- Incarnate word
    Conference season.

Im pretty sure that works doesnt it? I could certainly be missing something, but having a 12 game opens up the FBS, quality OOC, Whioux, Cupcake and conference as far as I can tell right?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Im pretty sure that works doesnt it? I could certainly be missing something, but having a 12 game opens up the FBS, quality OOC, Whioux, Cupcake and conference as far as I can tell right?
    You are missing the fact that 12 games are not allowed every year.

533 In a row