Arkansas
    Texas A&M
    OK State
    UCF
    WV
    VaTech
    Pitt
    Syracuse

None of those schools would be afraid to schedule us, and we’d have a shot to win. I don’t see MI State being skeered like lots of the neighboring B1G. MI State would be a priority target for me. Below are teams I’d like to play, but would avoid us at all costs.

Wisconsin
    Nebraska
    Minnesota
    Illinois
    Indiana

At some point someone will take an NDSU game just to shut up our fan base and show they can end our FBSrun. A Nebraska might be that team.

Default Re: Future schedules?

Dude. Forget playing in a marginally worse bowl game, losing to NDSU can lead to people losing their jobs.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

if NDSU was in the Mountain West, we could have some amazing OOC games.

all the midwest FBS teams would be in play annually, it would be sweet!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    The games I would try to target would be:

Michigan State
    Missouri
    Arkansas
    Texas A&M
    OK State
    UCF
    WV
    VaTech
    Pitt
    Syracuse

None of those schools would be afraid to schedule us, and we’d have a shot to win. I don’t see MI State being skeered like lots of the neighboring B1G. MI State would be a priority target for me. Below are teams I’d like to play, but would avoid us at all costs.

Wisconsin
    Nebraska
    Minnesota
    Illinois
    Indiana

At some point someone will take an NDSU game just to shut up our fan base and show they can end our FBSrun. A Nebraska might be that team.

As long as Dantonio is at Michigan State, he has some scheduling say. This is part of the reason that MSU played Youngstown State in 2011 and 2013, and will be paying them $725k for the game in 2021. Dantonio has connections to the Penguins, and as there are no FCS schools in Michigan, I personally believe Youngstown will be on the schedule for MSU often.

Having said that, MSU has played FCS teams from all over the country. Their first FCS opponent was in 2009 against Montana State. They have also hosted Northern Colorado and Jax State, so there may be a sliver of hope to get a game against them. MSU can schedule FCS teams in odd years, with 2023 being the next opening that they have

As for Wisconsin, because I am living in the state now, I can tell you that Wiscy will never host NDSU. They are still mad from the basketball upset in 2006, and their football program is not happy that NDSU comes in and recruits the state hard. NDSU takes a lot of the Preferred Walk On's and Greyshirt players that Wisconsin used to get without problems. With no FCS in Wisconsin, the badgers are looking to Illinois for regional games. They have scheduled Southern Illinois in 2020 and Illinois State (Brock Spack connection) in 2022. They did play South Dakota, Western Illinois, and Northern Iowa in the past, but they have also hosted teams from far away, including Cal Poly, The Citidel, Austin Peay, Tennessee Tech, and Wofford, and had lower attendance at those games. With the state reducing funding to the UW system schools, I don't think Wiscy will risk paying NDSU (or other really good FCS teams) a guarantee and then get beat.

Wisconsin can play FCS teams in even years, with their next opening being 2024 (we have Colorado scheduled).

Dom Izzo mentioned a while back that NDSU has contacted some of the "Big Boys" and were told that they want more regionalized FCS opponents. I think NDSU will have to look at Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma. The SEC has a scheduling agreement with the SOCON which allows Alabama to always play a team the 2nd to last weekend of the regular season (last weekend in FCS). If you look at the SOCON, almost every team plays at least 1 SEC team every year. This will reduce the opportunity for NDSU to play teams from the SEC.

These schools would much rather play Mac, CUsa, Sun Belt, Mtn West schools than Ndsu.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can see Michigan State happening. They have a similar program to ours, not flashy, tough, and prides itself on conditioning. All of which makes it a less than perfect matchup for us. It would be a blast though!

I definitely see Michigan State beating us, but again K-State had the same type of team and we played our game for four quarters...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I can see Michigan State happening. They have a similar program to ours, not flashy, tough, and prides itself on conditioning. All of which makes it a less than perfect matchup for us. It would be a blast though!
    On the field maybe.... off the field I hope NDSU isn't very similar to Michigan State.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I definitely see Michigan State beating us, but again K-State had the same type of team and we played our game for four quarters...
    I agree, Michigan State plays to much like NDSU. I prefer a bit more flash and dash that the Bison can push around in quarters 3 and 4 when the going gets tough. When the kid that runs a 4.4 forty is running a 5.4 forty because he's stepping on his sagging lip, down 10 with 10 to play.