Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Re: Future schedules?

If you think JJ is the only guy doing scheduling you are wrong. He may be the guy who makes some prelimary phone calls....fine. He may. Contact this guy. go. If anyone thinks he is walking into Matt or Chris and saying..."Best of luck, I just booked Cal Poly for you." you are being misled.

also, NDSU doesn't negotiate in the press. Just because they don't come out and say...Hey, we would listen to FBS...doesn't mean a talk or two isn't going to happen. NDSU has bee positioning themselves to be "ready" for a move when that move comes. winning anything and everything, sellouts, FCOA, maxing funding on all sports. We are leaders. At some point, we will be ready. Negotiating in the public isn't going to happen.

Great schedule. 7 home games. A lot of area schools would love that.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    If you think JJ is the only guy doing scheduling you are wrong. He may be the guy who makes some prelimary phone calls....fine. He may. Contact this guy. go. If anyone thinks he is walking into Matt or Chris and saying..."Best of luck, I just booked Cal Poly for you." you are being misled.

also, NDSU doesn't negotiate in the press. Just because they don't come out and say...Hey, we would listen to FBS...doesn't mean a talk or two isn't going to happen. NDSU has bee positioning themselves to be "ready" for a move when that move comes. winning anything and everything, sellouts, FCOA, maxing funding on all sports. We are leaders. At some point, we will be ready. Negotiating in the public isn't going to happen.

Oh come on. There are people here who seem to know everything and they say that nothing is happening. Who are we to believe? Sorry couldnt help myself.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

[QUOTE=slips;1227004]FBS Teams will play the Bison as we have games in 2020, 2022, 2024. Bison did drop the ball a bit on FBS scheduling but not going to complain about 7 home games in 2018 and a unique/fun game in the cities I. 2019. Hopefully JJ gets a little better handle and has some better longe range planning down the road in regard to FBS scheduling.[/QUOT

I don't think they dropped the ball on anything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    FBS Teams will play the Bison as we have games in 2020, 2022, 2024. Bison did drop the ball a bit on FBS scheduling but not going to complain about 7 home games in 2018 and a unique/fun game in the cities I. 2019. Hopefully JJ gets a little better handle and has some better longe range planning down the road in regard to FBS scheduling.
    Have you not been paying attention to the FBS vs FCS scheduling hiatus that was declared by Barry Alvarez a few years ago? That has fallen by the wayside and FBS are starting to schedule more FCS.

So what is your strategy or response where a FBS says no to scheduling NDSU? Do you have the magic wand to make it happen?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

[QUOTE=tjbison;1227050]
    FBS Teams will play the Bison as we have games in 2020, 2022, 2024. Bison did drop the ball a bit on FBS scheduling but not going to complain about 7 home games in 2018 and a unique/fun game in the cities I. 2019. Hopefully JJ gets a little better handle and has some better longe range planning down the road in regard to FBS scheduling.[/QUOT

I don't think they dropped the ball on anything
    Well JJ indicated on the Insiders today that he has been working on filling that game for 2 years. That is too late...he/they should have been working on that 4-5 years ago minimum so yeah as a proponent of frequent FBS games In my opinion he did. If you don't care about the Bison playing FBS games so be it, that's fine too. Like I said 7 home games is not a bad alternative and the next best possible outcome. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Have you not been paying attention to the FBS vs FCS scheduling hiatus that was declared by Barry Alvarez a few years ago? That has fallen by the wayside and FBS are starting to schedule more FCS.

So what is your strategy or response where a FBS says no to scheduling NDSU? Do you have the magic wand to make it happen?
    Yeah, work on scheduling that game 5-6 years out instead of 2 like JJ indicated on the Insiders today. If any team tries to schedule an FBS game 2 years out its going to be tough whether your the Bison or not. Especially tough when you have the Bison's pedigree. FBS teams consistently schedule all their non-con games 3-4 years out.

Yeah, work on scheduling that game 5-6 years out instead of 2 like JJ indicated on the Insiders today. If any team tries to schedule an FBS game 2 years out its going to be tough whether your the Bison or not. Especially tough when you have the Bison's pedigree. FBS teams consistently schedule all their non-con games 3-4 years out.
    We're in a hole right now. We got all those earlier games before we had consistent success. They WERE trying to schedule out but all of a sudden we beat KU, CSU, and Minnesota twice in two years. Things dried up. Then the B1G stopped so a well was gone, now we are getting back to the games with Oregon, Arizona, and Colorado. No G5 team is going to schedule us. Again, no magic wand is going to force anyone to schedule a game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, I'm sure that's the problem. JJ was just procrastinating and didn't get around to it in time. Do you really believe that?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

I cant reply quick since im on stupid moderation... and this might not go thru.

But NDSU and this fanbase is reaching Stagnation level and something needs to be addressed. well over 25% of the tailgating crowd isn't even going into the games because there's not alcohol in dome & no tickets.. .a recipe for stagnation/missed revenue by NDSU>

we are 87-7 with 5 titles and 9-3 FBS record. if that's not dominating, I don't know what is? It is TIME and its TIME that NDSU admin goes public, throw some weight around for once, quit acting like small town girls and put together a "Feasibility Committee for FBS"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Great point. Safe to assume the phones were ringing off the hook after NDSU beat Minnesota and then Kansas State and the powers in charge said fuck it let's wait three years to fill out the schedule. #SmokinThatPurple