Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Re: Future schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    you got it all wrong, road. UN_ is moving to FBS, remember?
    Well, they did just start their campaign to get more money from the state.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...te-8-buildings

I saw that for exactly what it is.

They make an ask for $120 million for a med school for a few hundred students, but have to shut down a half-dozen other buildings.

Of course, it's _ND and this sh#t will fly.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Well, they did just start their campaign to get more money from the state.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/cont...te-8-buildings
    Rob Port is all over this...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    I saw that for exactly what it is.

They make an ask for $120 million for a med school for a few hundred students, but have to shut down a half-dozen other buildings.

Of course, it's _ND and this sh#t will fly.
    They are doing this, not because they have to, but because they don't need the space. Which is something that you could say about almost every other campus in the NDUS (aside from NDSU.) You don't need buildings when your enrollments are 30% to 90% online.

Anyway, must be nice to have more space than you know what to do with, but just remember this when, three years from now, the Legislature spends another $150 million on buildings there.

Meanwhile at NDSU, there are freshman calc classes that have more people in attendance than UND football games.
    Last edited by tony; 02-20-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    just remember this when, three years from now, the Legislature spends another $150 million on buildings there.
    Agreed. That will be sweet.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    What does Florida gain by playing Florida State? What does Kentucky gain by playing Louisville? What does Notre Dame gain by playing Michigan?

Sometimes rivalries will have one team that is down and that is true for UND right now. Avoiding this rivalry is silly, immature, and ridiculous.
    What rivalry?! They have not played in TEN YEARS! What has happened to NDSU in the subsequent 10 years? No further questions, the defense rests.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    What rivalry?! They have not played in TEN YEARS! What has happened to NDSU in the subsequent 10 years? No further questions, the defense rests.
    There is a rivalry. There is no doubt about that. The question is if we should play UND. I will let Gene decide. Honestly, I see no reason to. If Gene thinks we should, sure lets go for it. I grew up for the most part without it, last time they played, I was a 6th grader. Keep in mind I am a senior in college. The only relevance they have to NDSU anymore is almost exclusively to alums and vice versa. The UND folks I know feel the same way....hostile, but also indifferent.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Just because you keep saying it doesnt make it fact. Its the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the corner that people wont stop talking about. No rivalry you say? I laugh at you . You need to get your money back on that fake sheep skin.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just because you keep saying it doesnt make it fact. Its the 800 pound gorilla sitting in the corner that people wont stop talking about. No rivalry you say? I laugh at you . You need to get your money back on that fake sheep skin.

Its there...but its a reletively harmless gorilla. I'm with you that there is a rivalry. 100%. That said, I'm more than happy to go the Texas - Texas A&M route....and say fuck it.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Its there...but its a reletively harmless gorilla. I'm with you that there is a rivalry. 100%. That said, I'm more than happy to go the Texas - Texas A&M route....and say fuck it.
    It will happen when it happens. It is fun to see the butt feathers get rustled from the naysayers.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."