Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Re: Future schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Your statement comes off as if NDSU is purposely scheduling “PUD teams” instead of trying to get a FBS team to grow a pair and accept a challenge from the Bison.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Again, I know full well NDSU's scheduling woes. Like I said, I've been 'round the block. Just frustrated with the teams we have to play vs. the teams everyone else gets to play.

I would rather win 9-10 games every year during the regular season, win multiple playoff games and national championships then play P5 schools every year. I mean, good for Indiana St fir scheduling Georgia, but there is a reason that those school, along with thr school up north can easily get FBS games and its a struggle for NDSU.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I would rather win 9-10 games every year during the regular season, win multiple playoff games and national championships then play P5 schools every year.
    Well, I guess whatever turns your crank, but I can tell you that beating the snot out of pud fcs teams does nothing for NDSU's national cred.

How many 30+ pt. blowouts does it take for you to get a little (or a lot) bored?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Well, I guess whatever turns your crank, but I can tell you that beating the snot out of pud fcs teams does nothing for NDSU's national cred.

How many 30+ pt. blowouts does it take for you to get a little (or a lot) bored?
    You are going in two different directions and yes, winning National Championships on an annual basis and beating FBS programs on a regular basis does very much for NDSU's national cred!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1 FBS per year would be better, but 7 DI home games is a pretty decent consolation in my opinion.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Being 18+ point favorites every game of the year gets boring as a fan. Some get their jollies over it. I think going into kinnick and beating them at their claim to fame is awesome when they're nationally ranked. It gets a lot more people talking about ndsu than championship #8 in 9 years.

But that's just me....and you.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Being 18+ point favorites every game of the year gets boring as a fan. Some get their jollies over it. I think going into kinnick and beating them at their claim to fame is awesome when they're nationally ranked. It gets a lot more people talking about ndsu than championship #8 in 9 years.

But that's just me....and you.

I agree. It isn't the NDSU doesn't deserve more attention, but ESPN has chosen not to make a big deal out of the FCS national championship. If they pumped it like they could (as part of "championship season"), the national championship itself would matter more to the national audience. I think they view it as drawing attention away from the FBS national championship and thus they only give it the minimal contractual attention. It is too bad.

On the other side, the networks can't stop talking about when an FCS team beats an FBS team, especially a ranked one. Mention App State and the first think people think about is their victory over Michigan.

I wish you got more attention for what you deserve, namely being a perennial powerhouse and winning when it counts in national championships, but that is not the ESPN-influenced world we live in. The "upset story" is much bigger to the national audience.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

We all want more FBS games, problem is those big time schools are scared of little ole NDSU.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well sure but when it comes down to it I'd rather play the puds than be the pud.

Here a stat that I believe deserves a "wow!"

SINCE THE 2010 SEASON:

In non-conference play at home (excluding the Charleston Southern game and Big Sky games)........

NDSU has outscored their opponents 544-41.