Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 535

Thread: Future schedules?

  1. #501
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NYC!...Moving back to Fargo.
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I would like to see a home and home with Navy. One of the few FBS teams that might give us a home and home. And talk about a game day atmosphere...it is a blast.
    Navy wouldn't. Their conference would not like it if they scheduled an FCS home and home. Army might though. They have in the past with Yale.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

  2. #502
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    North of Sioux Falls
    Posts
    14,376

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Alabama........but they are probably too afraid to play NDSU with the chance they might lose.

  3. #503
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moorhead
    Posts
    19,961

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Alabama........but they are probably too afraid to play NDSU with the chance they might lose.
    agreed. Saban is notorious for scheduling a late november FCS cupcake like Citadel. No way in hell is he going to chance a loss vs NDSU when theyre in playoff contention

  4. #504
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    366

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Navy wouldn't. Their conference would not like it if they scheduled an FCS home and home. Army might though. They have in the past with Yale.
    I will respectfully disagree...they have Lehigh on their schedule this year. They used to play Georgia Southern every year when they were FCS...which is why i thought the matchup would be interesting...they played close games and they were the same years we were playing GS in the playoffs.

  5. #505
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mayer, MN
    Posts
    2,477

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    IDK, I think it would be a pretty close game. I seriously doubt we'd blow out 'bama, they're better than you think.
    Careful you will end up in the Forum attached to a photo illustration.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

    ...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

  6. #506
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mayer, MN
    Posts
    2,477

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I will respectfully disagree...they have Lehigh on their schedule this year. They used to play Georgia Southern every year when they were FCS...which is why i thought the matchup would be interesting...they played close games and they were the same years we were playing GS in the playoffs.
    I assume the Navy GSU thing happened because of coach ties.. Didn't the GSU coach move on to Navy?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

    ...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

  7. #507
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    The Panhandle, FL
    Posts
    2,573

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I will respectfully disagree...they have Lehigh on their schedule this year. They used to play Georgia Southern every year when they were FCS...which is why i thought the matchup would be interesting...they played close games and they were the same years we were playing GS in the playoffs.
    I believe those are historical ties.

    Navy/Army will schedule schools that are traditional foes. Navy played Georgia Southern twice. Not "every year." If I had to guess that may be related to the triple option.

    My cousin is a West Point alum. He says they look at themselves very similar to ivy league schools and other elite east coast places. I'm guessing they have a lot of history with those schools.

    They aren't coming to Fargo.
    College of Business Alumnus

  8. #508
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    7,087

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I assume the Navy GSU thing happened because of coach ties.. Didn't the GSU coach move on to Navy?
    Jeff Monken went to Army.

    "IF YOU CAN'T PLAY NICE PLAY FOOTBALL."
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."

  9. #509
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,079

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Jeff Monken went to Army.
    Paul Johnson, who led a renaissance of Georgia Southern football as their head coach in the late 90s and early 00s, went to Navy after the 2001 season. He's now the head coach at Georgia Tech.

  10. #510
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    7,087

    Default Re: Future schedules?

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Paul Johnson, who led a renaissance of Georgia Southern football as their head coach in the late 90s and early 00s, went to Navy after the 2001 season. He's now the head coach at Georgia Tech.
    Thanks--- I didn't think back far enough.

    "IF YOU CAN'T PLAY NICE PLAY FOOTBALL."
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •