Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Re: Future schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Are you thinking this is new? It seems weird to me how many people only seem to wake up to this fact when the players actually start getting a little bit of the pie.
    I really don’t think most anyone thinks it being all about money thinks that’s new.

I personally think the players should have more than they have had in the past. I don’t think we are anywhere near an ideal solution atm.

But now that the money grab is hitting directly on the “students” and the makeup of a team I think that runs a lot of people the wrong way.

Previously you could squint your eyes and pretend it was still amateur athletics. That veil has most definitely been ripped off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I really don’t think most anyone thinks it being all about money thinks that’s new.

I personally think the players should have more than they have had in the past. I don’t think we are anywhere near an ideal solution atm.

But now that the money grab is hitting directly on the “students” and the makeup of a team I think that runs a lot of people the wrong way.

Previously you could squint your eyes and pretend it was still amateur athletics. That veil has most definitely been ripped off now.

You've also got this weird dichotomy where a school like NDSU in basketball is competing for the same players and in the same tournament as the P5. G5 vs P5 is the same deal. Schools at G5 level are subsidized with school and state money, and really can't compete with P5 in a meaningful way in football.

You've got loaded "haves" going up against the "have nots", in what is supposed to be considered fair competition. And now the haves tilted the playing field even further so that they can buy success.

None of this is sustainable. It would make a lot of sense for the P5 to separate.
    Then perhaps the rest of NCAA could come up with something more reasonable.

Even with NIL, I could pretend it was still about the student-athletes until we ended up with conferences stretching from coast to coast.

It's OK to not be OK.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    You've also got this weird dichotomy where a school like NDSU in basketball is competing for the same players and in the same tournament as the P5. G5 vs P5 is the same deal. Schools at G5 level are subsidized with school and state money, and really can't compete with P5 in a meaningful way in football.

You've got loaded "haves" going up against the "have nots", in what is supposed to be considered fair competition. And now the haves tilted the playing field even further so that they can buy success.

None of this is sustainable. It would make a lot of sense for the P5 to separate.
    Then perhaps the rest of NCAA could come up with something more reasonable.
    And why would the P5 separate in football? They have everything they want. It’s the lower level that would need to initiate separation if they are not satisfied with their situation.

Agree that the P5 is holding all the Aces, so there's no reason to separate. The question is if the lower levels initiated separation from the NCAA (( assume that's what you're saying), how would that improve the lower level's situation?

Deion :
    You take a team that’s won one game, and you fire the whole coaching staff. So, who did the coaching staff recruit? The kids. So the kids are just as much to blame as the coaching staff and I came to the conclusion that a multitude of them couldn’t help us get to where we wanted to go," he said.
    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deion...f-1-win-season

Kids that don't perform are now expendable, maybe in some cases even if the coaches screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Deion :

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deion...f-1-win-season

Kids that don't perform are now expendable, maybe in some cases even if the coaches screwed up.
    They have been getting rid of non performers for years. They just werent as overt as dejon. Some schools let player keep there schollies but they have to be on the scout team or perform some other duties. Some try to run them off. Others keep going to school with there funding coming from other sources so the scholly get freed up.

But dejon was correct in one regard. If his word ran you off then you dont need to be there.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Would he care because it means something to him? No I don’t think so.

Prime would care because it’s another talking point and thing to slap his gums about to say look at me look at me I was right. It’s in his blood man.

Are you talking about prime or chapo?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They have been getting rid of non performers for years. They just werent as overt as dejon. Some schools let player keep there schollies but they have to be on the scout team or perform some other duties. Some try to run them off. Others keep going to school with there funding coming from other sources so the scholly get freed up.

But dejon was correct in one regard. If his word ran you off then you dont need to be there.
    PAC rules said you have to honor the scholly if the kid chooses to stay. But I guess that isn't a problem now.

We Coming!!!