Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Re: Future schedules?

Should have been a stipulation for UND to get into the conference for all games to be in Fargo.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Matt Larson is on the playoff selection committee. He has nothing to do with making the conference schedules. Everything got f’d up because of Western leaving.
    All the AD's OK the conference schedule before it is released. NDSU requested to split up some rivalries so their home conference schedule doesn't look like it did this year and it required them to have to travel twice to one of them. That was the result. Shocked the Fargo media didn't actually dive into that though.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    All the AD's OK the conference schedule before it is released. NDSU requested to split up some rivalries so their home conference schedule doesn't look like it did this year and it required them to have to travel twice to one of them. That was the result. Shocked the Fargo media didn't actually dive into that though.
    Someone, I think Dom Izzo, mentioned this.

533 In a row

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    It's literally in the article.

Still think it is bullshit we ever have to go to UND.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Still think it is bullshit we ever have to go to UND.
    Best reason ever to go fbs.
    I always enjoy an afternoon of vulgar drunks.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

The “reason” there are back-to-back grand forks games to break und and sdsu up is completely stupid. You could also HOST one of them 2 years in a row if you wanted to break that cycle in a way that was advantageous to NDSU. And why do they even need to be broken up in the first place? How about both of them away every other year like it is, and have UNI (who isn’t on the immediate schedule) be the “interesting” home game in those years? This is completely unacceptable in my opinion! Someone clearly wasn’t advocating for NDSU over this. Presidents and ADs agreeing to this?

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    The “reason” there are back-to-back grand forks games to break und and sdsu up is completely stupid. You could also HOST one of them 2 years in a row if you wanted to break that cycle in a way that was advantageous to NDSU. And why do they even need to be broken up in the first place? How about both of them away every other year like it is, and have UNI (who isn’t on the immediate schedule) be the “interesting” home game in those years? This is completely unacceptable in my opinion! Someone clearly wasn’t advocating for NDSU over this. Presidents and ADs agreeing to this?
    I'm guessing NDSU was the one advocating for this change and UND was indifferent to it. That's why NDSU has to take the back-to-back road games at UND. It would be more unfair (but very comical) if UND had to take road games in back-to-back years in Fargo because NDSU complained about the unbalanced road/home split in terms of premier opponents. To be honest UNI doesn't hold a candle to SDSU or UND when it comes to selling tickets and selling tickets, mainly season tickets, is why NDSU probably wants this.

Like I said earlier they really should've made the first conference matchup between these two in 2020 (which ended up being in spring 2021) played in Grand Forks since the two played 2 OOC games in Fargo already in 2015 and 2019 but they probably did that to appease NDSU as the elder statesmen in the conference which turned out to be a bad thing for NDSU's scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm guessing NDSU was the one advocating for this change and UND was indifferent to it. That's why NDSU has to take the back-to-back road games at UND. It would be more unfair (but very comical) if UND had to take road games in back-to-back years in Fargo because NDSU complained about the unbalanced road/home split in terms of premier opponents. To be honest UNI doesn't hold a candle to SDSU or UND when it comes to selling tickets and selling tickets, mainly season tickets, is why NDSU probably wants this.

Like I said earlier they really should've made the first conference matchup between these two in 2020 (which ended up being in spring 2021) played in Grand Forks since the two played 2 OOC games in Fargo already in 2015 and 2019 but they probably did that to appease NDSU as the elder statesmen in the conference which turned out to be a bad thing for NDSU's scheduling.
    I was thinking of all those years we played in Fargo too when I was reading through this. I personally would be happy to see our home schedule mixed up a little bit. This year's home schedule wasn't very exciting right from the day I got my tickets and starting stringing things together.

Weren't you folks unhappy with your 2023 home schedule? UND, SDSU, and UNI all on the road; no great home conference games.

Well they broke that pattern up and you're ... unhappy.