Page 69 of 76 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Future schedules?

Default Future schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    No I’m saying that rewarding talent and hard work seem like good things to me.
    And fuck those that have less man, they don’t deserve shit. If youre born with it you should get more and if you’re not we will take it from you and give it to someone else. Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Future schedules?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    For multiple reasons this is quite laughable considering your other posts here

Most of which I agree with, btw
    Which ones?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    What Sanders did to 73 of the players that he inherited is not acceptable. I have no respect for the Colorado program.
    I would have less respect if they kept that crappy team together. Should he have kept the assistant coaches also?

Scholarships have been yearly renewable or revocable at many programs for a long, long time. The transfer portal just accelerated and made attrition both up and down more recognizable.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    What Sanders did to 73 of the players that he inherited is not acceptable. I have no respect for the Colorado program.
    How many of those players ended up on another roster?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    FBS is pro ball now. Players are paid, and also expendable. 100% about the money.
    Very different. An NFL coach can't come in and cut 80% of the team without a major cap hit.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    How many of those players ended up on another roster?Very different. An NFL coach can't come in and cut 80% of the team without a major cap hit.

Very good point. NFL has spending caps, and FBS doesn't.
    The reason caps were put in place for the NFL was to keep the games competitive.

Don't think this ends well unless they change something to bring more parity.
    Right now the Ohio St's and UGAs are becoming dominant.

How many of those players ended up on another roster?Very different. An NFL coach can't come in and cut 80% of the team without a major cap hit.

Seems like you’re saying the players need guaranteed contracts.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Seems like you’re saying the players need guaranteed contracts.
    Not at all. Just pointing out this is different than pros. And the goal on NFL salary caps is to build parity within the league. That's not a goal of college athletics.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not at all. Just pointing out this is different than pros. And the goal on NFL salary caps is to build parity within the league. That's not a goal of college athletics.

I'm not sure what the hell the goal of college athletics is at P5 level, other than a big money grab for the top programs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I'm not sure what the hell the goal of college athletics is at P5 level, other than a big money grab for the top programs.
    Are you thinking this is new? It seems weird to me how many people only seem to wake up to this fact when the players actually start getting a little bit of the pie.