Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit attendance

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit attendance

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Maybe Saturday afternoon is a better time? We will see. Three Saturday games left this season, only one is at 7pm. We could surpass a 4,000 average barring any weather interference.
    Can't imagine any weather problems.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Can't imagine any weather problems.
    Me neither. And I have a very vivid imagination.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We had over 3k for the Omaha blizzard game on a Thursday.

I don't think the WIU game was bloated at all. People were there for the game.
    Saturday with football awards was a crowd I have not seen in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Saturday with football awards was a crowd I have not seen in a long time
    The SDSU games were bigger...we had 5k for SDSU last year during winter break.

The basketball team playing well might have something do with the big crowd. The crowd was only 900-1k fans bigger than the what was there on Thursday....and the weather was crap that day. Saturday afternoon games also make it easier for people who don't live in Fargo to get to games.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So god's gift to basketball team trailing the football school in attendance?

The SDSU games were bigger...we had 5k for SDSU last year during winter break.

The basketball team playing well might have something do with the big crowd. The crowd was only 900-1k fans bigger than the what was there on Thursday....and the weather was crap that day. Saturday afternoon games also make it easier for people who don't live in Fargo to get to games.
    You would argue with whatever stance I take if I said the sky is blue you would say well it's actually more of a aqua color

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    You would argue with whatever stance I take if I said the sky is blue you would say well it's actually more of a aqua color
    I'm arguing with you because I think you are wrong. Nothing more and nothing less...unlike some people here I don't argue for the sake of arguing.

Saturday afternoon game, team is playing great basketball, big conference game...it is going to attract a crowd. I don't think the football thing had a big affect on the crowd. It was minimal at best. There is finally some buzz surrounding the basketball program....that is what happens when you beat the likes of Notre Dame and put a product on the floor that is fun to watch.

But I guess we'll find out. We play IPFW on a Saturday afternoon in a few weeks.

I'm arguing with you because I think you are wrong. Nothing more and nothing less...unlike some people here I don't argue for the sake of arguing.

Saturday afternoon game, team is playing great basketball, big conference game...it is going to attract a crowd. I don't think the football thing had a big affect on the crowd. It was minimal at best. There is finally some buzz surrounding the basketball program....that is what happens when you beat the likes of Notre Dame and put a product on the floor that is fun to watch.

But I guess we'll find out. We play IPFW on a Saturday afternoon in a few weeks.
    There were 15 to 20 people sitting by me that were there because of football only

I'm sorry I got a bit testy unbison...I just don't think the football thing had a huge impact. Maybe a couple hundred people I guess.

I'm just tired of everything needing to be about football. Now even a big basketball crowd is about football. This basketball team deserves some respect and recognition.

even im done with summit time for fbs push and get us in a real bball league