Page 12 of 301 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA 6th Fan Awards

Default Re: NCAA 6th Fan Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Has anyone noticed the daily number ever going down over the course of the day? I was trying to figure out if the daily number is for the previous day or the previous 24 hours. If it's for the previous day(say midnight to midnight), then the number could never go down over the course of the day, only up. If it's over the last 24 hours, then it could jump down a bit at the top of the each hour. It doesn't make any real difference, I was just curious which way they did it.
    They basically do it in 2 hour cycles. So the current hour is compared to the previous hour. It will be fluid all day long. Not sure if the time frame is Midnight to midnight but that would be the most logical time frame.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    They basically do it in 2 hour cycles. So the current hour is compared to the previous hour. It will be fluid all day long. Not sure if the time frame is Midnight to midnight but that would be the most logical time frame.
    I'm not sure if we've got a miscommunication or not. At the bottom of the page there's a category called "Greatest Movers". Those are hour to hour. The current hour is compared to the previous hour. As I type this, NDSU is at -7% in that category. But there's another percentage given when you click to vote. In that one, NDSU is at +5%. This is the daily number I was asking about. The first number changes quite often, both up and down. The second number seems to only go up except for when it resets each day. But I haven't actually seen the reset happen, so I was wondering if someone else had. There's either one big reset that happens once a day, or 24 smaller resets; once an hour.

I'm not sure if we've got a miscommunication or not. At the bottom of the page there's a category called "Greatest Movers". Those are hour to hour. The current hour is compared to the previous hour. As I type this, NDSU is at -7% in that category. But there's another percentage given when you click to vote. In that one, NDSU is at +5%. This is the daily number I was asking about. The first number changes quite often, both up and down. The second number seems to only go up except for when it resets each day. But I haven't actually seen the reset happen, so I was wondering if someone else had. There's either one big reset that happens once a day, or 24 smaller resets; once an hour.
    Without going back to look at what you're looking at, I believe there are 24 resets set for every hour. I voted around 8 am this morning and again just after it was announced we were now in 4th place. At 8 am, it said we were down something like 46% and when I voted for the 2nd time of the day, it said we were down around 20%.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

donnbryantNDSU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Without going back to look at what you're looking at, I believe there are 24 resets set for every hour. I voted around 8 am this morning and again just after it was announced we were now in 4th place. At 8 am, it said we were down something like 46% and when I voted for the 2nd time of the day, it said we were down around 20%.
    I think you guys are looking way too far into this, keep it simple stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Nope, that pretty much confirms that there's a single reset sometime in the middle of the night. Say we got 1000 votes at the end of the 24 hour period yesterday. As soon as the reset happens, everyone drops to whatever the max is(probably -999%). At 100 votes, we'd be at -90%. At 500 votes, we'd be at -50%. Once we hit 1000 votes, we'd flip to +0%. At 1250 votes, we'd be at +25%. What I'm saying is that the percentage can never go down over the course of the day, it can only go up. Right now, it's at +10%. If I come back in an hour, it could stay at +10% or be higher, but it could never be +9% or lower.

Why should we even care? No real reason. It just shows that we are really pushing things. Yesterday, we were the votes leader. Today, we have 10% more votes by 2pm as we did all of yesterday. We're only going to add to that throughout the rest of today. It's going to take one heck of an effort to pass us as long as we don't slack off.

As of 2:30pm:

1. Arkansas St - #3 in daily voting today; #9 yesterday; +40% over yesterday's vote total
    2. UTPA - #2 in daily voting today; #5 yesterday; +30% over yesterday's vote total
    3. New Mexico - #6 in daily voting today; #12 yesterday; +32% over yesterday's total
    4. NDSU - #1 in daily voting today; #1 yesterday; +11% over yesterday's total

Nope, that pretty much confirms that there's a single reset sometime in the middle of the night. Say we got 1000 votes at the end of the 24 hour period yesterday. As soon as the reset happens, everyone drops to whatever the max is(probably -999%). At 100 votes, we'd be at -90%. At 500 votes, we'd be at -50%. Once we hit 1000 votes, we'd flip to +0%. At 1250 votes, we'd be at +25%. What I'm saying is that the percentage can never go down over the course of the day, it can only go up. Right now, it's at +10%. If I come back in an hour, it could stay at +10% or be higher, but it could never be +9% or lower.
    That is my understanding of it. I have checked in the morning the past few days and when I check throughout the day, it has always increased. Then when I check again in the morning, it has dropped back down. I would assume that it resets at midnight eastern time because the clock showing how much time is left until the next round matches up with midnight eastern time, but I haven't actually checked at that time to verify it.

As you mentioned, we have 10% more votes by 2pm today as we did yesterday. I believe this has been the trend for about a week now, where we have more votes than the previous day, which is a good sign. Seems like we are still getting more people to vote (or getting people to vote more often).

Looks like Texas - Pan American is making a push to be today's leader in votes. They are up 83% over yesterday's vote total.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    Looks like Texas - Pan American is making a push to be today's leader in votes. They are up 83% over yesterday's vote total.
    It's fun to look at the pattern before and after we pass a school. When we're within a couple spots, they start voting to prevent us from passing them. After we pass them, they give up and drop way down. We're breaking their spirits as well as our football team does to their opponents.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'll have a sheepish grin on my face
    I've seen that look on Tranny before.

Then he usually asks for a cigarette.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    I've seen that look on Tranny before.

Then he usually asks for a cigarette.
    So this is after you guys "do your thing"?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.