Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tradition, Support, Etc.

Default Tradition, Support, Etc.

THIS is why tradition and support matter. I know that we all know we have it damn good here, but after reading this article I'm not so sure I'd like to call SHSU a "peer institution" anymore. No this isn't a "LETS GO FBS" thread.

The ability of NDSU Athletics to succeed has a direct correlation with the amount of support it has. Traditions build off each other and make us that much better. When Coach Bohl left we all shat bricks for a few days, but once I finally accepted it, I remembered: I'm a fan of North Dakota State. We have tradition, not just a Coach.

TIME TO RELOAD BOYS AND GIRLS, Is it football season yet?

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2014-0...r#.Ut-CuhDnbRZ

Default Re: Tradition, Support, Etc.

He just pooped on shsu and favors fbs in that article huh

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsfan View Post
    He just pooped on shsu and favors fbs in that article huh
    GSU had those resources before their move up. Nice try.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most of Katfans.com agree with him too. GSU had these things long before FBS.

NDSU's peers in the FCS is very exclusive list. JMU, Delaware, Montana, Montana State...a few others are close but not many.

A number of schools suffer from competition with bigger FBS schools while others suffer from football being the #2 sport on their campuses and some just don't have a lot of community/alumni support for their programs.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    THIS is why tradition and support matter. I know that we all know we have it damn good here, but after reading this article I'm not so sure I'd like to call SHSU a "peer institution" anymore. No this isn't a "LETS GO FBS" thread.

The ability of NDSU Athletics to succeed has a direct correlation with the amount of support it has. Traditions build off each other and make us that much better. When Coach Bohl left we all shat bricks for a few days, but once I finally accepted it, I remembered: I'm a fan of North Dakota State. We have tradition, not just a Coach.

TIME TO RELOAD BOYS AND GIRLS, Is it football season yet?

http://savannahnow.com/sports/2014-0...r#.Ut-CuhDnbRZ

Good post. The points herein and the post that we have FEW peers in the FCS, is the reason why we should move up. Stay in Summit, but just replace MVC with a FBS conference. Tradition and fan support are two of the reasons we would be succeed at the new level and win conference titles in the MAC or Sunbelt.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Good post. The points herein and the post that we have FEW peers in the FCS, is the reason why we should move up. Stay in Summit, but just replace MVC with a FBS conference. Tradition and fan support are two of the reasons we would be succeed at the new level and win conference titles in the MAC or Sunbelt.
    Would you be satisfied if we moved to the Sunbelt? All would be good? There wouldn't be complaints about getting snubbed by the big conferences? How about complaints about unimportant games...as in some conference games not being big names. Not trying to antagonize...just having dialogue. Is this something you have considered?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Would you be satisfied if we moved to the Sunbelt? All would be good? There wouldn't be complaints about getting snubbed by the big conferences? How about complaints about unimportant games...as in some conference games not being big names. Not trying to antagonize...just having dialogue. Is this something you have considered?
    Sunbelt would be a step up. Conference has TV contract with ESPN. Their commissioner is dedicated to having the first top 25 ranked team in Sun Belt history. IF NDSU joined said conference, we would play 1 or 2 BSC teams in our nonconference schedule. We would have opportunity to be ranked in top 20 and play in quality bowl. In 4 or 5 years, assuming arguendo there is playoff expansion, the opportunity will exist to make the playoffs. ( Federal antitrust law and lawsuits will prevent BCS conferences from preventing other teams ( BYU, Boise State) from making playoffs. Obama has also mentioned this.

Sunbelt just added Georgia Southern. App State is another quality team. Idaho and New Mexico State add stability to conference. Top to bottom the teams and stadiums are an improvement over the MVC.

Sunbelt would be a step up. Conference has TV contract with ESPN. Their commissioner is dedicated to having the first top 25 ranked team in Sun Belt history. IF NDSU joined said conference, we would play 1 or 2 BSC teams in our nonconference schedule. We would have opportunity to be ranked in top 20 and play in quality bowl. In 4 or 5 years, assuming arguendo there is playoff expansion, the opportunity will exist to make the playoffs. ( Federal antitrust law and lawsuits will prevent BCS conferences from preventing other teams ( BYU, Boise State) from making playoffs. Obama has also mentioned this.

Sunbelt just added Georgia Southern. App State is another quality team. Idaho and New Mexico State add stability to conference. Top to bottom the teams and stadiums are an improvement over the MVC.
    Baseball has the exclusion. The big boys have the money to shape what they want. In time they will expand the playoff. By having a playoff they are taking the heat off and they wont give a rats butt about the lessor teams. Obama is too busy covering his butt to worry about whats going to happen 4-5 years down the line.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Idaho and NMST are Stability in a conference 1000+ miles away from them??? don't the bleed money from their FB programs? we would pound both them schools on the field
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant