Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next women's BB coach

Default Next women's BB coach

OK the Dehoff era is surely ending after this season if not sooner. So let's do what we do best and start jumping to conclusions on who would be a great replacement. Will there be a nationwide search? Who are some possible candidates? How about former players like Lynette Mund?

Default Re: Next women's BB coach

I would guess they would open up the position to all applicants.

533 In a row

How about one of the Jackrabbits assistants, Katie Falco?

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I would guess they would open up the position to all applicants.
    ++ Full national search. Please.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who were the finalists back in 2008 when Dehoff was hired? It would be interesting to see who was on it.

I just hope Gene hires the next one. And better yet just get rid of Dorn too!

Just to throw a name out for discussion. Shannon Schweyen. She has been an assistant coach for 22 years at the University of Montana. Griz all-time leading scorer. Griz have always been a very good BSC team, been to several (22 or more) NCAA tourneys. She would bring a culture of winning with her. My only question is that why is she still an assistant? Her husband is director of Track and Field at the Montana. Team is made up of Montana, Oregon and Washington kids. Just my two cents. We need to bring in a winner.

Really the the job should be pretty attractive, good tradition and a brand new facility being built.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Megan Vogel former South Dakota jackrabbit. First year assistant head coach at Green Bay. Three years prior at St. Cloud. Helped turn St. Cloud from bottom feeders to winning their conference last year. I can tell you she's first in line to replace Aaron Johnson when he moves on to bigger and better things. She's a Minnesota girl. And she's a firecracker. Well respected from Minnesota to South Dakota should help in recruiting.

Megan Vogel;Forgot to add 19 selection in the WNBA draft also played three years overseas. She will be a superstar in the coaching world