Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next women's BB coach

Default Re: Next women's BB coach

This should be a full national search. The new arena will be attractive for a lot of coaches. I hope they move quick. Not sure that means a midseason firing, but the day they are eliminated the search should start.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If your going to fire her, why wait. There's really nothing to lose. Name an interim, get the ball rolling on the hiring process now.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    If your going to fire her, why wait. There's really nothing to lose. Name an interim, get the ball rolling on the hiring process now.
    I don't think they will fire her. They will let her contract expire at the end of the season. I'm sure there's a buyout clause they don't want to pay.

Someone to consider is Emilee Thiesse, current Minnesota State-Mankato coach. Former Drake and SDSU assistant. Doing a great job in Mankato. Her sister is head coach at USD.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was seriously hoping GT, after the 3-Peat, would decide to address the WOmens' Basketball situation and fire DeHoff. Apparently not in his timeframe/agenda/schedule.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

I have to believe he is addressing it. In a financially and legally prudent manner, but not necessarily in an expedient or a popular manner.

Sent from somewhere using my Windows phone.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Midseason firing isn't happening, not how GT operates.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

I don't think it is GT's call... I think LD, as women's AD, makes this call. At least that's how it has been in the past.
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Quote Originally Posted by NFH Schlüssel View Post
    I don't think it is GT's call... I think LD, as women's AD, makes this call. At least that's how it has been in the past.
    Don't kid yourself Gene runs the athletic dept. Lynn is a big asset to Gene and they work well together, but never doubt who's in charge.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Don't kid yourself Gene runs the athletic dept. Lynn is a big asset to Gene and they work well together, but never doubt who's in charge.
    Bingo. Last spring, it was GT who said he was giving DeHoff another shot at it.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me