Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D2 schools looking at moving up

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default D2 schools looking at moving up

NDSU was playing D2 roughly a decade ago was ready to make the move to FCS. So what D2 schools are ready to do that now and would actually improve the FCS?

Default Re: D2 schools looking at moving up

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    NDSU was playing D2 roughly a decade ago was ready to make the move to FCS. So what D2 schools are ready to do that now and would actually improve the FCS?

check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Fixed it.

check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

The answer to this question is none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The answer to this question is none of them.
    funny that is the same thing the Mountain West officials say about FCS schools

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    funny that is the same thing the Mountain West officials say about FCS schools
    I'd be bitter too if an FCS school would be better than the entire conference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I'd be bitter too if an FCS school would be better than the entire conference as well.
    :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    dont think its bitterness, there is nothing NDSU brings to the conference. no one wants to travel that far

There is nothing left in DII. GVSU is really the most attractive school and they want nothing to do with DI. In fact they ripped us when we moved up.

The last few schools who came from DII are very unattractive...Incarnate Word, Houston Baptist and Abilene Christian. Keep adding these schools and eventually they'll get together and propose to cut scholarships. None of them have the resources to compete, especially with schools like us or Montana. We'll be going right back down the same old road we were on not so long ago.

The best thing the FCS could do is somehow talk the Ivy League into competing in the playoffs. Those schools have resources and support and would make a positive impact on the subdivision.