Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

Default Re: Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Blake just tweeted a picture of him with Klieman at his basketball game. I don't see a decommitment imminent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fully stands by ndsu. Prefers the fbs dont get reported

the thing one has to remember when neil reports something is that he usually has pretty solid info .................he just is a glass half empty type of fella

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    the thing one has to remember when neil reports something is that he usually has pretty solid info .................he just is a glass half empty type of fella
    I'm not discrediting what he said, as it seems SamsRams is saying that the other offers are legitimate, though Blake doesn't want them publicized. It just appears that the coaching staff and Blake are committed to each other.

Side note- f*ck yeah Coach K! I really hope I'm not wrong on this guy but I think he "gets it"
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    That's not true. Justin Juckem had a BCS offer, also BC I think. Ambrosius this past year turned down Pitt, as did Collins this year. I may have the names wrong for the schools, but Stick is certainly not the first.
    You are correct. I thought I typed in b10. Should always double check your post. Great pic on Blake! Can't wait to watch him play!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's not true. Justin Juckem had a BCS offer, also BC I think. Ambrosius this past year turned down Pitt, as did Collins this year. I may have the names wrong for the schools, but Stick is certainly not the first.
    Minor correction, and it doesn't change Neil's point, but it was Nick Jacobsen, not Brad Ambrosius, who had an offer from Pitt last year.
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...acobsen-133230
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Ha!

I do really want this kid. Love his videos and the aggression. Prototypical Bison DL kind of guy.

As I posted in the recruiting thread, perhaps the biggest threat isn't the FBS offers from MAC schools, but the PWO offer from Michigan. Sure hope he signs with the Bison.

Any update on Blake this offseason? I know he was very highly regarded. Was listed in the program this season as being 242 lbs. To be considered for part of the DT rotation I would say he would need to a minimum of 260. Anyone hearing anything as far as his performance in practice/weight gain this season?
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Any update on Blake this offseason? I know he was very highly regarded. Was listed in the program this season as being 242 lbs. To be considered for part of the DT rotation I would say he would need to a minimum of 260. Anyone hearing anything as far as his performance in practice/weight gain this season?
    He had a severe high ankle sprain coming into fall camp he sustained playing lacrosse (something he was not supposed to do after he signed) which really hindered his development on the field and in the weight room. That is all I know. I hope the kid sticks though. None of the other MI kids have but the Bison need to develop depth on the DL like they used to have.

He had a severe high ankle sprain coming into fall camp he sustained playing lacrosse (something he was not supposed to do after he signed) which really hindered his development on the field and in the weight room. That is all I know. I hope the kid sticks though. None of the other MI kids have but the Bison need to develop depth on the DL like they used to have.
    The kid looks like a beast on tape and I was super excited when we signed him. Let's hope he has an amazing off season

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The kid looks like a beast on tape and I was super excited when we signed him. Let's hope he has an amazing off season
    Anyone knows how he is doing "in the weight room/food intake dept"?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt