Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

Default Re: Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was lucky enough to catch Dizzo's Den last night but it cut out a lot of the web. Sounds like his preliminary position is DT - he was talking about three-technique (and how he played it when he weighed 185.)

His size isn't an issue. I mean, coming in as a freshman Matt Gratzek was 6-3, 250 and people were talking about him being a LB. And then he played as a true freshman. Of course, Matt was a throwback.

Of all the positions on the team, the interior of the DL seems the most untested, so the young folks need to step up (hopefully Farnlof will have recovered completely - really want to see him play.)
    Saw some tweets (twits?) from him that made it sound like he was ready to go. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Saw some tweets (twits?) from him that made it sound like he was ready to go. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
    Farnlof gets cleared on the 13th. Expects that to go well and he is full go from here on out. Tough injury, but he feels healthy and ready to go. He weighs 281. Built like an ox. He is thick.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I was lucky enough to catch Dizzo's Den last night but it cut out a lot of the web. Sounds like his preliminary position is DT - he was talking about three-technique (and how he played it when he weighed 185.)

His size isn't an issue. I mean, coming in as a freshman Matt Gratzek was 6-3, 250 and people were talking about him being a LB. And then he played as a true freshman. Of course, Matt was a throwback.

Of all the positions on the team, the interior of the DL seems the most untested, so the young folks need to step up (hopefully Farnlof will have recovered completely - really want to see him play.)
    No, he didn't. Matt redshirted.

http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?r...&path=football

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Hey, do not let facts stand in the way of a me making a point here.

People are too fixated on height and weight.

http://www.wday.com/event/article/id.../group/Sports/

Interesting to hear the shout out he gave to bisonation

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Farnlof gets cleared on the 13th. Expects that to go well and he is full go from here on out. Tough injury, but he feels healthy and ready to go. He weighs 281. Built like an ox. He is thick.
    Good to hear. Same size as Brian Schaetz. Heck he could probably be closer to 300 come August. It will been 15 months since the injury come fall camp so hopefully his will be full strength. This is a good opportunity for him. He's needed

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

That was a really good bit. Good job!

So awesome that Polasek had recruited him at NIU...didn't work out there, but his Bison roots got him to talk to NDSU. If I have the timing right, this was long before Polasek would have realized that there would be an opportunity for him back at NDSU. Once a Bison, Always a Bison!!
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post

Awesome interview and story of how Blake got here. Agree on the Bisonation Twitter plug as well and shows how this work impacts recruits!

Quote Originally Posted by FFBison View Post
    So awesome that Polasek had recruited him at NIU...didn't work out there, but his Bison roots got him to talk to NDSU. If I have the timing right, this was long before Polasek would have realized that there would be an opportunity for him back at NDSU. Once a Bison, Always a Bison!!
    Seriously, could this staff have come together any more perfectly?