Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

Default Re: Blake Williams Commits to NDSU

MAKBISON asks a good question about his position. I list him as a DT. He has strength to play inside and quickness to play DE. really versatile and a great addition

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    MAKBISON asks a good question about his position. I list him as a DT. He has strength to play inside and quickness to play DE. really versatile and a great addition
    Needs to get with Coach Kramer if he's going to play inside, but he looks and sounds like a great addition to the Bison.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I could see him as a DE.. but I am not always the best at judging talent. He seems to have a great burst off of ball movement. I would agree if he is a dt, he needs to add some pounds. Either/or Great explosiveness and cant wait see him in a bison jersey!

I trust the coaches to pick positions great weekend for the Herd, love the bond these kids made this weekend

pumped up Go Bison
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Curious to know how he got connected with NDSU. Not exactly in our traditional recruiting foot print.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I can see him adding a lot of muscle, he has the frame for it. Could see him being on the end after a rs year.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I could see him as a DE. Wasn't Perry originally listed as but I am not always the best at judging talent. He seems to have a great burst off of ball movement. I would agree if he is a dt, he needs to add some pounds. Either/or Great explosiveness and cant wait see him in a bison jersey!
    He reminds me of Leevon Perry but right now is a prototypical sized DE. Leevon was 6-3 255 as a freshman and listed as a DE but moved inside later. We have some good DTs with Tanguay, Morgan, and Jacobson who spent a year with Kramer. Tough to say. Schaetz is the only rotation guy returning next year in the middle and he has played well but he's going to have to have his best off season if he's going to be the #1 guy.

Coaches will have a plan and I trust them.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Blake said on Dizzo's Den that he had offers from Akron and Eastern Michigan. I definitely think he could fit the Perry mold once Kramer and the coaches get a hold of him.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Blake said on Dizzo's Den that he had offers from Akron and Eastern Michigan. I definitely think he could fit the Perry mold once Kramer and the coaches get a hold of him.
    I was lucky enough to catch Dizzo's Den last night but it cut out a lot of the web. Sounds like his preliminary position is DT - he was talking about three-technique (and how he played it when he weighed 185.)

His size isn't an issue. I mean, coming in as a freshman Matt Gratzek was 6-3, 250 and people were talking about him being a LB. And then he played as a true freshman. Of course, Matt was a throwback.

Of all the positions on the team, the interior of the DL seems the most untested, so the young folks need to step up (hopefully Farnlof will have recovered completely - really want to see him play.)

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Curious to know how he got connected with NDSU. Not exactly in our traditional recruiting foot print.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Polasek was recruiting him to NIU but they were full at TE so he said to check NDSU. Ertz was recruiting him to WIU right before he got the job here. He laid that out on Dizzo's Den last night and it's in Kolpacks column today.