Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 unfilled schedule

Default Re: 2014 unfilled schedule

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    it would be cool if air force could work something out like a home-home, or even a 2 for 1
    not this shit again

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well... Army does play at Yale next year... However that is a whole different animal and not the norm. Ball St. bought out of their away game with ISU-R next season I believe. Ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I really want to see a good game. Last year the atmosphere at the dome suffered because fans were bored. Besides UNI, there was never a game that we were challenged. Take away the Gameday hype of Deleware State and I was bored. Heck even the playoff games were anti climatic. Shit the friggin Championship game was anti climatic. That's a good indicator that we need to schedule better competiton. Obviously we're not moving up any time soon but we need some games that are enjoyable to watch. It's like playing Madden on easy
    Last year was a special team. Some day we are all going to look back at it as being the greatest team ever at this level. That being said, while I do think we reload and keep plugging away, everyone else now has a goal. Beat the Bison. When we started at FCS and more specifically the MVFC, the sights were set on building a team that could beat UNI. I think everyone figured everything else will take care of itself. Now we are the standard. Knowing where to go sure makes it easier to get there.

Games will start to get more competitive. We not only get everyone's best game, we will get another year of everyone building to beat us and the pressure for NDSU to stay on top.

I really want to see a good game. Last year the atmosphere at the dome suffered because fans were bored. Besides UNI, there was never a game that we were challenged. Take away the Gameday hype of Deleware State and I was bored. Heck even the playoff games were anti climatic. Shit the friggin Championship game was anti climatic. That's a good indicator that we need to schedule better competiton. Obviously we're not moving up any time soon but we need some games that are enjoyable to watch. It's like playing Madden on easy
    Looks like you have a bad case of post orgasm depression.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    I think everyone would rather see a FCS school rather than a DII, but unfortunately we prolly will have to settle for a DII. 1. No FCS school really wants to come play us. 2. If they do agree to come up here for a lose they're gonna want a pretty nice payday. From a money stance a DII may be our only option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I guess if its the only way to get 6 or 7 home games, so be it. But we need to start doing home and homes with some great FCS teams like CAA teams or Sam Houston or somebody good or interesting. How about UC Davis? Eastern Illinois? For the love of god can we play a game that's not over by half time?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

How about a neutral site game vs an FBS team in 2 or 3 years when the replacement for the Metrodome is finished. Another big Bison crowd in Minneapolis and find a MAC or MWC team that is willing.

So, we have one game left to schedule and three possible dates? I like Gene's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    So, we have one game left to schedule and three possible dates? I like Gene's chances.
    What is Gene waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Last year was a special team. Some day we are all going to look back at it as being the greatest team ever at this level. That being said, while I do think we reload and keep plugging away, everyone else now has a goal. Beat the Bison. When we started at FCS and more specifically the MVFC, the sights were set on building a team that could beat UNI. I think everyone figured everything else will take care of itself. Now we are the standard. Knowing where to go sure makes it easier to get there.

Games will start to get more competitive. We not only get everyone's best game, we will get another year of everyone building to beat us and the pressure for NDSU to stay on top.
    We haven't had a competitive non conference home game since 2007. We haven't lost a home non conference game since going D1.
    Our last non FBS non conference regular seasom loss was in 2009 on the road, 3 point loss to Sam Houston. That was our worst team ever

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

We haven't had a competitive non conference home game since 2007.
    Blame Montana State for that last year...However, one could say the Bison would have beat them going away.

I hope the Montana game is a good one.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.