Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 unfilled schedule

Default Re: 2014 unfilled schedule

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    DII to start with makes more sense to get the QB into a groove. Although if Air Force would do a 2 for 1 would be awesome. However, the back-out penalty needs to be stiff.
    We may need all the D1 wins we can get next year just to reach PO's. You never know. And I know D2 counts, sorta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We may need all the D1 wins we can get next year just to reach PO's. You never know. And I know D2 counts, sorta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly and if there are any ties record-wise a D1 win is going to count a lot more than a D2.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    DII to start with makes more sense to get the QB into a groove. Although if Air Force would do a 2 for 1 would be awesome. However, the back-out penalty needs to be stiff.
    Disagree about scheduling a DII.........there are enough players returning on this Bison team and Wentz knows the system. Bison start out with an FBS team so Wentz will already have a game of experience. Seems ridiculous to start out one level above and then drop a level below. Just fill the rest of the schedule with FCS teams as NDSU can beat any of them.

From what I remember hearing the talk was a DII game and a road FCS game that would net a future home game.

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Disagree about scheduling a DII.........there are enough players returning on this Bison team and Wentz knows the system. Bison start out with an FBS team so Wentz will already have a game of experience. Seems ridiculous to start out one level above and then drop a level below. Just fill the rest of the schedule with FCS teams as NDSU can beat any of them.
    I think everyone would rather see a FCS school rather than a DII, but unfortunately we prolly will have to settle for a DII. 1. No FCS school really wants to come play us. 2. If they do agree to come up here for a lose they're gonna want a pretty nice payday. From a money stance a DII may be our only option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

The only reason we scheduled a D-II game last year was that there was no other choice. I am pretty sure Gene doesn't want to make a habit of doing that.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The only reason we scheduled a D-II game last year was that there was no other choice. I am pretty sure Gene doesn't want to make a habit of doing that.
    Agreed, but not much he can do it there is no other choice. If teams are going to refuse to play them or try to hold them hostage for a FBS type payday he will be forced to play another DII

I really want to see a good game. Last year the atmosphere at the dome suffered because fans were bored. Besides UNI, there was never a game that we were challenged. Take away the Gameday hype of Deleware State and I was bored. Heck even the playoff games were anti climatic. Shit the friggin Championship game was anti climatic. That's a good indicator that we need to schedule better competiton. Obviously we're not moving up any time soon but we need some games that are enjoyable to watch. It's like playing Madden on easy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Sign a H/H with NAU and make the buyout $500,000!

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I really want to see a good game. Last year the atmosphere at the dome suffered because fans were bored. Besides UNI, there was never a game that we were challenged. Take away the Gameday hype of Deleware State and I was bored. Heck even the playoff games were anti climatic. Shit the friggin Championship game was anti climatic. That's a good indicator that we need to schedule better competiton. Obviously we're not moving up any time soon but we need some games that are enjoyable to watch. It's like playing Madden on easy
    Your were bored because of all the success and this was the best team in history. We may never again have a team that was significantly better than the rest of the FCS. Sit back and enjoy it and see how things play out next year.