Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Brock Jensen

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Thank you Brock Jensen

I was just thinking about the incredible memories brought to us by #16 over the past four years. Here are a few highlights for me...

The spring game during Brock's redshirt season. He led his team on a furious comeback and a final drive that just fell short. Nonetheless, it was apparent that Brock was a playmaker. I remember meeting friends in the lot after the game. We all looked at each other and said, "we've got a quarterback!"

FCS quarterfinal at EWU his freshman year. A valiant effort fell just short. A great lesson in leadership in defeat from Matt Gratzek. The resolve to achieve greatness was galvanized.

Huge win at Minnesota his sophomore season. Brock was almost flawless. We beat the Gophers--again!

FCS semifinal win over Georgia Southern later that season. Brock was sick, but played out of his mind. The long run! We are actually going to Frisco!

SHSU goes down! Discount double check! Championship belt baby!

Junior season. The methodical destruction of Colorado State. A glitch against Indiana State redoubles the determination to win. The drive against GSU capped by a 4th down TD run and we are going back to Frisco! Complete domination in the championship game. MOP! Back-to-back champs!

Senior year. THE DRIVE!! We beat Kansas State! Helmet sticker from Lou Holtz. Sustained excellence week after week. Three-peat! MOP again!!

I will also never forget Brock's humble nature, his expressions of his sincere faith, his obvious love for his teammates and coaches, and his many acts of kindness and service in the community.

I had the opportunity to tell Brock's dad in Frisco, that I was grateful we had the opportunity to borrow his son for a few years. We are awfully lucky.

Thanks, Brock! Good luck in everything you do!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Re: Thank you Brock Jensen

Excellent post Kermit! I was just thinking about the guy in front of me in my seats at the dome. During Brock's redshirt freshmen season he told me "he won't be the starter next year as Esley is killing it on the scout team." I told him at the time it was a good problem to have and time will tell.

Three years later, Brock has exceeded expectations and will go down with the likes of Bentrim and Simdorn. He helped usher Bison football to a new level and goes down in the record books as the all time winningest QB in FCS history. Thanks Brock and best of luck in the next phase of your career. Bison Nation is pulling for you!!!!!

How blessed are we. Bentrim, Simdorn, and now Jensen. Steve Walker tho was the man who got got it done. Arden Beachy as well. Kevin Feeney too. That was a tough time and these guys pulled the train. Along with the hundreds of others

I don't think most of the "new" fans understand exactly what type of leader Brock was

he was fun to have around, and what a roll model
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you Brock!!! And thank you Kermit for saying it so well.!!! Brock has the ability to stay calm under pressure, that is a sign of a True Leader!!!!

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How about this season's senior class. The whole bunch of them were simply outstanding!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I couldn't find Brock's tweet after the EWU game, but it was something to the affect of:

Getting to work to make sure that never happens again.

He definitely fulfilled that promise.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Best Ever!!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Thank you, Brock and his family! Everything Kermit said and all done with the highest level of class. Brock will be a winner at whatever he decides to do.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

What teams have a system that would be a fit for Brock? Will be interesting to see if Gus has any interest.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt