Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Brock Jensen

Default Re: Thank you Brock Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Was Vigs QB coach for Brock? Escapes my memory.

Many of the things I've read about Brock out that FCS QB's often don't have specific QB coaches which hurts FCS QBs.
    I think hes getting the attention now because hes improved.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think hes getting the attention now because hes improved.
    No doubt; the points some of the blogs have made is part of the reason the FBS QB's are more polished is not just the better level of competition, but the better, more position specific coaching. Point being that Brock may not have ever gotten as good of position coaching as he has now after his NDSU career.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think it has. From what Ive seen on hes throwing the ball pretty well and his footwork is much better. I think the sport facility he is at is helping him greatly.

This is 100% true. Spoke with someone close to Brock and he has really improved footwork/throwing motion.

Also he has killed his workouts from what I understand.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No doubt; the points some of the blogs have made is part of the reason the FBS QB's are more polished is not just the better level of competition, but the better, more position specific coaching. Point being that Brock may not have ever gotten as good of position coaching as he has now after his NDSU career.
    Brock has lost weight in lbs,but added muscle mass. And Vigs was a very good OC at NDSU,but the Qbs could have been better with a better Qb coach.

Question for the Vikings fans since I am noting the mild to medium interest in Brock from Green Bay.

Would it be hard for you to route against Brock Jensen when the Green Bush Wackers play this Vikings if Brock ever got in the game?

Honestly, and this is coming from a life long Vikings fan (some of my earliest memories are of watching game with my family), I don't think I could ever cheer against Brock Jensen.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Question for the Vikings fans since I am noting the mild to medium interest in Brock from Green Bay.

Would it be hard for you to route against Brock Jensen when the Green Bush Wackers play this Vikings if Brock ever got in the game?

Honestly, and this is coming from a life long Vikings fan (some of my earliest memories are of watching game with my family), I don't think I could ever cheer against Brock Jensen.
    I'm a lifelong Viking fan too but I'd be cheering hard for Brock and the packers. NDSU is way more important to me than the Vikings

Would be happy for his personal success but probably wouldn't cheer for Packers as a whole success (and I say that in a friendly rivalry type of way, I am NOT the type of fan that hopes that the Packers fail miserably for 30+ years, it's nice to see new teams have success occasionally, but that said the Packers could go on a 30 year hiatus and I'd be happy ). If that makes any sense. Lifelong Vikings fan also. Really if Brock got to the point where he was having a lot of success with the Packers I would be upset with the Vikings because they're in the market for a QB or 2 this year (but have negative feelings on whether to let the Vikings ruin a player with a shot to go from rags to riches too so... )

I will always cheer for Brock. Not so much the Packers. You know it's possible to cheer for a player and not the team. I would hope he plays great but the Vikes still win.

Every Viking fan goes into the season knowing our hopes will be crushed by another monumental collapse so it might as well be Brock kicking us in the nuts by disecting our matador defense. Go Brock!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unless I had a close family member playing for the Packers I don't think I could ever cheer for them. I would have rather had one Vikings Super Bowl win than the last 3 FCS titles. I've been a Viking's fan and Bison fan my entire life.