Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fan Frisco Flight Fiasco - The Plane Truth

Default Re: Bison Fan Frisco Flight Fiasco - The Plane Truth

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    My wife is the one who wrote the blog and the advice of getting on the phone is great in normal circumstances...but talk to others and four, six and more hours are what people were on hold for because they were canceling flights left and right. When we travel to the game next year (we are that confident in our Bison!), we will read your tips and take note. I got on the plane and had no problems Sunday; her experience was vastly different and she was traveling with a minor which made things more difficult.
    Note the airline lounge trick......

By the way, I don't view the phone versus club thing as an OR either. When I run into problems, I immediately get on the phone and start walking to the club. I basically take help from the first person who ends up giving it to me and keep from putting all my eggs in one basket.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That story would have been me as well! Luckily I still had a friend that drove back on Monday morning, so after my flight for Monday morning was canceled and I couldn't get through to delta or my flight insurance company I decided to ride with him back to Bismarck. Not Ideal but I made it back by Tuesday afternoon.

To top it off, when I got back Tuesday I received notifications from Delta that my flights were canceled yet again.

Foolish woman. Clearly deserved what she got.

Thinks Frozen is great movie. Gets chance to live it. Complains.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

We left Dallas at 7:00 AM Sunday with Delta, landed early in MSP, left MSP and landed early in Fargo. My wife is Delta Platinum status - and I bet many "paying customers" took a back seat to anyone that has that status, so if a plane was full like ours were, they wouldn't get a seat.

Now... My wife left for work to the east coast monday afternoon and ended up sleeping in the Detroit airport because of cancelled flights and commented that if she didn't have her status with Delta, she would have been stuck for days.

As for driving - the first year we left Fargo at 6:30 AM and arrived at our hotel at 9:45 PM in Lewisville - very quick trip with fast driver and perfect roads.

The same group with slightly slower driver and bad roads took many hours longer this year -

A bad day driving or flying to Frisco to watch NDSU win another National Championship is much better than a good day at work!

She is a excellent writer, the topic not a pleasant one. Why is traveling with a minor any different than just two adults. It is two seats, why a difference? I could relate to her experiences, although not for that duration.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Note the airline lounge trick......

By the way, I don't view the phone versus club thing as an OR either. When I run into problems, I immediately get on the phone and start walking to the club. I basically take help from the first person who ends up giving it to me and keep from putting all my eggs in one basket.

Exactly. Don't wait for the airline to act, you get off you a$$ and you find that f*cking dog! You've got a responsibility here...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    Rent a car and drive home
    Pretty much gotta go with this one when you are the mercy of the airlines to get back on schedule and it isnt going to happen.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Exactly. Don't wait for the airline to act, you get off you a$$ and you find that f*cking dog! You've got a responsibility here...
    One other stellar trick is to direct Twitter @deltaassist. Key is to follow them and ask them to follow you. This is third great trick..... see delta points blog for details.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Pretty much gotta go with this one when you are the mercy of the airlines to get back on schedule and it isnt going to happen.
    It can be $$$$$$ to get a car back to Fargo one way. I paid $80 for about 4 hours of usage one year because we left on American and ended up going some place else on Southwest and rather than fly back to Dallas to fly American we just went to the cities. $80 isn't that big of a deal, but people were saying they were WAY more.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It can be $$$$$$ to get a car back to Fargo one way. I paid $80 for about 4 hours of usage one year because we left on American and ended up going some place else on Southwest and rather than fly back to Dallas to fly American we just went to the cities. $80 isn't that big of a deal, but people were saying they were WAY more.
    Or you can sit around in an airport for 2-4 days and keep getting rear ended. So wheres the trade off?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."