Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Position Preview: MLB

Default 2014 Position Preview: MLB

There is a discussion here about the middle linebacker position:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...-Jarrod-Tuszka

And there's been a lot of posts in other threads about DeLuca maybe moving to DE.

That got me curious, if DeLuca moves to DE and Littlejohn and Beck stay outside, what is the two-deep at MLB? Plank and who else?

Default Re: 2104 Position Preview: MLB

I don't think any of the above mentioned players will have any eligibility in 2104.

Okay, just being a smartass...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Plank is a highly regarded recruit, but I have a really hard time believing that if Deluca is moved to DE that the 3 LBs on the field won't be Thorton, LJ, and Beck in some configuration. I can't see a RFr with no game experience just handed the MLB job this upcoming season. Just my humble opinion.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    Plank is a highly regarded recruit, but I have a really hard time believing that if Deluca is moved to DE that the 3 LBs on the field won't be Thorton, LJ, and Beck in some configuration. I can't see a RFr with no game experience just handed the MLB job this upcoming season. Just my humble opinion.
    Pierre Gee Tucket could be in the mix. Thornton is solid vs the run but PGT is more athletic in coverage. Depends how quickly he catches on

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    I agree. If Deluca moves to DE, CLJ is the MLB. If they keep Deluca at LB, I think he and Plank rotate at MLB and Thorton and PGT rotate with CLJ and Beck at OLB.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mayville Bison View Post
    I agree. If Deluca moves to DE, CLJ is the MLB. If they keep Deluca at LB, I think he and Plank rotate at MLB and Thorton and PGT rotate with CLJ and Beck at OLB.
    Agree, I don't think they will keep CLJ at MLB unless they have to because of injury.

I think the last half of the season and the playoffs proved Littlejohn makes a great MLB. I think he stays right there, especially considering the lack of experience his possible replacements at that position have.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think the last half of the season and the playoffs proved Littlejohn makes a great MLB. I think he stays right there, especially considering the lack of experience his possible replacements at that position have.
    couldn't disagree more. He was great in pass coverage. Very average in run support from the MLB position. He is a MUCH better OLB

I am assuming the MLB is not only physically qualified but needs to have the 'game iq'. We had that with Olson. Who do you think of this group has the smarts?

I hope they keep Deluca at MLB. The guy is big and fast. Reminds me of Urlacher.