Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison Fan Frisco Flight Fiasco - The Plane Truth

Default Bison Fan Frisco Flight Fiasco - The Plane Truth

My sister finally returned from Frisco on Wednesday. Her blog posting demonstrates the plight many Bison fans experienced on their return flight to North Dakota.

http://gardeninguru.areavoices.com/2...e-plane-truth/

How many other fans faced the same airline travel challenges?

Default Re: Bison Fan Frisco Flight Fiasco - The Plane Truth

Friend of mine didn't get out of Dallas until yesterday. I lucked out and was only delayed a few hours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One of my brothers finally got home Thursday on AA. He was supposed to be on Frontier on Monday.

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That's why I hate flying and I don't if I can help it. I've had more than a few experiences like that myself.

Flying is way better than driving

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Flying is way better than driving

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Agreed, however I will say if you don't have status and don't know the tricks to deal with crap like this, I can understand folks frustration and not wanting to fly.

For those who do not read it, check out my travel hacking thread. I have touched on tricks for dealing with these situations on there in the past and I will give my #1 tip here again:

When things go south in a hurry, NEVER wait to have someone at a desk rebook you if a very long line. Get on the phone with the airline and if the wait there is also horrendous, if at a large airport, spring for a one day pass at the airline's lounge and get your help there. That $25-50 will be the best money you spend that day.

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

^^^THIS ^^^ GET ON THE PHONE!!! I have rebooked my connecting flight from the tarmac during flight delays.
    We fly frequently and THIS is the best advice I could also give. Read TSCF's hacking tips, he knows!

Sent from my seats behind the corner pole....
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Rent a car and drive home

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

My wife is the one who wrote the blog and the advice of getting on the phone is great in normal circumstances...but talk to others and four, six and more hours are what people were on hold for because they were canceling flights left and right. When we travel to the game next year (we are that confident in our Bison!), we will read your tips and take note. I got on the plane and had no problems Sunday; her experience was vastly different and she was traveling with a minor which made things more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    My wife is the one who wrote the blog and the advice of getting on the phone is great in normal circumstances...but talk to others and four, six and more hours are what people were on hold for because they were canceling flights left and right. When we travel to the game next year (we are that confident in our Bison!), we will read your tips and take note. I got on the plane and had no problems Sunday; her experience was vastly different and she was traveling with a minor which made things more difficult.
    Ride with us, as we will be going down from Rugby..WHEN the Bison make yet another trip south, seriously..I love driving, even if the drive home had a lot of bad roads especially from Grand Forks to Rugby, but wife and I have had way to many bad experiences flying the last few years...so driving it is!!! A lil side-trip to Carrington is no biggie...lol!