Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Anyone still in Texas?

Default Re: Anyone still in Texas?

Did the Sioux Falls to DFW American Eagle trip without but one issue. Flight was two hours delayed on Sunday night because it was late coming in from Cedar Rapids. Checked in before we went to the airport and printed boarding pass at home and then at hotel so we avoided that step at both airports. Drove from Sioux Falls to Fargo 1 AM Monday morning and there was really only two slick spots. Half hour out of SF and half hour out of Fargo.

When I did this two years ago, we drove. That was interesting and had enough time coming and going there was really no time frame to deal with. This year, with the flying and some limited days to work with, it seemed a little more rushed. When we do this again, and YES we will do this again, I am committed right now to Thursday to Monday. More flight, hotel, and partying options. We kept the partying somewhat tempered on Friday because I wanted to enjoy Saturday and then by Saturday night, I was pretty wiped out.

Overall, it was great fun and while I get the frustration with flying for some because of the delays, cancellations, and such; our trip went pretty smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeMothers View Post
    Flight to ATL delayed almost two hours. Gives me 10 minutes to make my connection so hopefully they'll hold it. I've had all thw tourism I can handle today so I'm headed to bone Daddy's by the airport to wait it out.
    I was supposed to be on that flight...I called an audible and flew out of Love Field to Atlanta and actually landed at MSP 30 mins earlier than planned.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Wife/son have been to airport three days in a row now. . Bumped, canceled, separated from family to get to job, and they are finally flying out at noon. Several bison fans on flight according to her. We will drive from now on. Airlines are ridiculous in the way they overbook.
    I doubt it was overbooking..or if it was, it was overbooking due to cancelled flights. When a ton of flights were cancelled, it suddenly put a huge strain on every flight and it might take a week to really catch up. When something like this happens, you absolutely need to be on the phone with a representative or first in line. They will book you on other airlines, which in this case was the best policy since most of the issues were United related it sounded like...

Remember, if you are EVER nervous, ask to get on an earlier or different flight. A lot of times if its available, they will give you the big green light.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Did the Sioux Falls to DFW American Eagle trip without but one issue. Flight was two hours delayed on Sunday night because it was late coming in from Cedar Rapids. Checked in before we went to the airport and printed boarding pass at home and then at hotel so we avoided that step at both airports. Drove from Sioux Falls to Fargo 1 AM Monday morning and there was really only two slick spots. Half hour out of SF and half hour out of Fargo.

When I did this two years ago, we drove. That was interesting and had enough time coming and going there was really no time frame to deal with. This year, with the flying and some limited days to work with, it seemed a little more rushed. When we do this again, and YES we will do this again, I am committed right now to Thursday to Monday. More flight, hotel, and partying options. We kept the partying somewhat tempered on Friday because I wanted to enjoy Saturday and then by Saturday night, I was pretty wiped out.

Overall, it was great fun and while I get the frustration with flying for some because of the delays, cancellations, and such; our trip went pretty smoothly.
    Yep, it's hard to really enjoy it when you're there. We did Friday night after work to Sunday last year and I don't think I stopped drinking the entire time. Not because I was hammered, but because I was on the ground for like 36hours and I went from airport/plane drinks to tailgating to airport/plane drinks lol. It's so nice not to be stuck in a car for 2 full days tho and that is worth it to me.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Flown the past three years. Frontier the first year, Southwest last year and American this year. Not one single issue besides a few half hour delays. Flying out on Friday did make me a bit nervous though, especially this year with all the packed planes.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Flown the past three years. Frontier the first year, Southwest last year and American this year. Not one single issue besides a few half hour delays. Flying out on Friday did make me a bit nervous though, especially this year with all the packed planes.
    Fargo is one of the hardest airports to get to if you get bumped or cancelled. Maybe it's better in the last year or so, but I've had issues trying to get back to Fargo on ANY airline when I've been bumped.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.