Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Sky to FBS?

Default Big Sky to FBS?

Flying from DFW to SLC on my way to SEA, I sat near the commissioner of the Big Sky Conference, Doug Fullerton. We chatted a bit about the game, about NDSU and EWU, and about the FCS.

At one point, he hinted that he has been looking into taking the Big Sky conference to the next level as a whole entity. He suggested that if not all schools were ready for the move up, the conference is large enough to split into two: One FBS, one FCS. He did not mention timing, and I didn't press.

This may not be news, but I don't recall ever hearing this. I wonder if the new FBS version of the Big Sky would consider inviting NDSU if it happened?

Default Re: Big Sky to FBS?

Rotflmao!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Rotflmao!!!!
    Eh? Come again?

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Absolutely pointless until the BCS breaks away. Though having an entire new bottom feeder conference in the FBS may be the tipping point for it, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Absolutely pointless until the BCS breaks away. Though having an entire new bottom feeder conference in the FBS may be the tipping point for it, who knows?
    That may be his plan for all I know. The conversation was brief, and we didn't discuss timing.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Eh? Come again?
    In this case Rotflmao means its laughable, beyond stupid, absurd, etc. The Big Sky is so full of itself, thinking they are some sort of supreme entity in college sports when their record speaks otherwise. I'm not worried about being left behind by the likes of UN_.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    In this case Rotflmao means its laughable, beyond stupid, absurd, etc. The Big Sky is so full of itself, thinking they are some sort of supreme entity in college sports when their record speaks otherwise. I'm not worried about being left behind by the likes of UN_.
    If you don't think thats what they said up north........
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

calling bullshit on this story.

Fullerton has expressed that thought before. It is part of the reason for him pushing expansion of the conference.

We probably shouldn't laugh too hard. It positions them for a move. They can be flexible. Not a bad thing.

Same people calling this absurd and crazy seem to be same people calling Wyoming a lateral move before bohl got hired so reality may not be involved in your online persona