Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Recognition Evidence

Default Re: Gameday Recognition Evidence

In south Texas yesterday with Bison hat on, Texan yells Go Bison. I said, you know Norh Dakota State? He says, your football anyway, after gameday I followed everything they did! What an awesome team!

A girl in New York airport (from jersey) told me she was amazed by Fargo on gameday, had no idea how great ndsu was. She said she followed the Bison all year and about cried when grant Olson was injured and asked how he's doing now.
    Last edited by Ndsu84; 09-12-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Actually I thought it was cool, the beginning of the month, during the Superbowl.. I was watching it at the Excalibur. I had my NDSU hat on, and the Pitboss for the Poker room and I had a conversation about NDSU and how he say the city on Gameday was really impressed

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    In south Texas yesterday with Bison hat on, Texan yells Go Bison. I said, you know Norh Dakota State? He says, your football anyway, after gameday I followed everything they did! What an awesome team! This guy lives 700 south of Frisco!

A girl in New York airport (from jersey) told me she was amazed by Fargo on gameday, had no idea how great ndsu was. She said she followed the Bison all year and about cried when grant Olson was injured and asked how he's doing now.
    Do you know what is 700 miles south of Frisco?...Mexico...for about 300 miles.

If you drove north starting from the southern most part of Texas for 700 miles you would probably be north of Wichita KS.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post

If you drove north starting from the southern most part of Texas for 700 miles you would probably be north of Wichita KS.
    Actually, miles were never specified. In fact, no unit of measure was applied to the 700. In the absence of better data, I will insert the most appropriate unit of measure I can think of: the zenner. Now it all makes sense.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Was coming back from a trip and stopped in Collinsville MO to get a bite to eat. As I was about to leave a biker dude came up to me and asked about my NDSU shirt. As I told him I attended NDSU back in the early 70s he asked if I knew anything about the football team and how they were doing because he was from ND. After about an hour of chatting I was able to get back on the road. His final words were--"Nice to see they are still kicking ass!"
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

In south Texas yesterday with Bison hat on, Texan yells Go Bison. I said, you know Norh Dakota State? He says, your football anyway, after gameday I followed everything they did! What an awesome team! This guy lives 700 south of Frisco!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Actually, miles were never specified. In fact, no unit of measure was applied to the 700. In the absence of better data, I will insert the most appropriate unit of measure I can think of: the zenner. Now it all makes sense.
    The bottom line... Texas is rather large. I once heard if you put a hinge on the top of the panhandle and flopped Texas over, the tip of Texas (approximately at Matamoros) would reach Canada. Being rather bored, I tried this using a measuring device and the computer. It turned out that the tip of Texas only reached the ND SD border or Banning State Park on I-35. So I used Google Maps to get the distances from Frisco to:
    Nuevo Larado 459 to 472 miles depending on the route;
    McAllen 533 to 550 miles depending on the route;
    Matamoros 560 to 577 miles depending on the route; and
    El Paso Juarez (south and west) 649 miles

Five hundred to 650 miles is in the realm of possibility. With back roads and a bit of Texas pride, 700 miles is reasonable.

Now converting to kilometers that becomes 800 to 1050 kilometers - OR -

143000 to 186000 Z (286 Zenners to each mile)

And that, fellow Bisonvillers, is my math exercise for the week.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

When I am on conference calls and mention NDSU Football they say "saw Fargo on Gameday". Pretty cool.

Somebody's gotta miss the point and pick at something totally irrelevant. point was he's not someone who heard of us because we played in Frisco,
    Last edited by Ndsu84; 02-24-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Somebody's gotta miss the point and pick at something totally irrelevant. point was he's not someone who heard of us because we played in Frisco,
    In my experience, when one part of a statement is extreamly overexaggerated...usually the rest is suspect also. Not saying it didn't happen... probably did...just that the guy probably doesn't live 300 miles south of the US boarder. Is your point that the Texan you were talking to was actually a Mexican tourist from Veracruz Llave? If it is, then I am truly impressed. My point is no Texan is going to tell you he lives 700 miles south of Dallas (frisco). You made that stuff up on your own.
    Last edited by Scooter1; 02-24-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In my experience, when one part of a statement is extreamly overexaggerated...usually the rest is suspect also. Not saying it didn't happen... probably did...just that the guy probably doesn't live 300 miles south of the US boarder. Is your point that the Texan you were talking to was actually a Mexican tourist from Veracruz Llave? If it is, then I am truly impressed. My point is no Texan is going to tell you he lives 700 miles south of Dallas (frisco). You made that stuff up on your own.
    What's your fucking point? You obviously like to argue. Who gives a shit if the guy lives 300 or 700 miles south of frisco. You are either calling ndsu84 a liar or you are a nit picking douchebag. Jesus, you must be a government bureaucrat the way you talk. Seriously, who gives a shit. The guy tries to share something positive about our program and you are more concerned in embarrassing him
    Last edited by Hail bison; 02-24-2014 at 05:06 AM.