Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Recognition Evidence

Default Re: Gameday Recognition Evidence

Leaving work today here in DC, and I was walking past the World Bank, some guys were handing out flyers, and they noticed my wind breaker with the Bison Logo, and said they loved our Quarterback (Carson)... stopped and chatted with them for a few minutes -- guys were college football fans -- and totally understood what the Bison were all about -- dominant programs at any level of football are impressive! Both guys said they watch our games on ESPN3 whenever they can, and are looking forward to next season. NDSU a national brand? I think so! (at least with real football fans)

Not Gameday related but I like the Bison recognition.

First off just FYI we were supposed to fly out of Fargo at 5am Delta this morning. We sat on the plane from 4:30 to 6:30 waiting for 100 passengers still trying to get through security. Then pilot announces we missed our turn to de-ice so we had to sit another while waiting for a turn. F—-ing BS! Missed our connection!

In Minneapolis now in full Green and Gold and a lot of people asking why we aren’t in Frisco. Our waitress says what day do the Bison play in Frisco? Today! I asked if she knows the Bison. Yep, her son has two rings with the Bison!! Awesome!

Vacationing in Lakeland FL last week. Wearing my Bison cap. Get in the motel elevator with a couple. Husband nudges wife and says "Why do we like NDSU?". Wife, without looking at me, says "Carson Wentz" and smiles. Motel was only three stories so didn't get a chance to talk with them, other than to find out they were from Philadephia.

Vacationing in London, I stopped two guys in banker suits to ask for help with directions. I had on a pullover with a simple Bison/NDSU logo on it. First guy looks at logo and says, "Yeah, that's where Carson Wentz is from, isn't it?" A London native, he said he was a big fan of NFL American football...no other ties to USA or NoDak. Amazing how well-known we've become... thanks to success... and Carson.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    Vacationing in London, I stopped two guys in banker suits to ask for help with directions. I had on a pullover with a simple Bison/NDSU logo on it. First guy looks at logo and says, "Yeah, that's where Carson Wentz is from, isn't it?" A London native, he said he was a big fan of NFL American football...no other ties to USA or NoDak. Amazing how well-known we've become... thanks to success... and Carson.
    My son and I went to the Philadelphia-Jacksonville game last October. Leading up to the game there was a lot of stuff on BBC and in the sports sections about Wentz and his look-a-like Harry. They nearly always mentioned that he was from a small school program NDSU, so I’m not surprised.

Was at a boat launch ramp today on Lake Millacslooking to make sure it was deep enough for our boat and another boat pulls in and two guys get out and walk right over to us and start asking questions about NDSU.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Watching ESPN today and they run an ad for ESPN+. The ad shows various highlights of games past along with captions that read "this or that is ON" ESPN+. At one point they show a Bison RB running for a TD (too far from TV to see who it was) with the caption "Your Bison are on..." Thought that was nice recognition and I've never seen that ad before.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good post. I put it on BV someplace earlier also too. It is Ty Brooks running in against the number 1 defense in the country called Colgate.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Good post. I put it on BV someplace earlier also too. It is Ty Brooks running in against the number 1 defense in the country called Colgate.
    He made that D look sloooooooooooow.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But hey, they had 3 shutouts.

I’m just given em hell. They did a lot better that the team or group of people to the North 70 miles.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS