Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Recognition Evidence

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gameday Recognition Evidence

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I'm sure people in Chicago say "UND, that's where Jonathan Toews is from." Right.....??
    Nope, he's from Manitoba.

Quote Originally Posted by JDZ View Post
    I was in Gander Mountain in Amarillo, Texas, last night. One of the employees notices my cap and says, "North Dakota State; that's where John Crockett is from. He plays for the Green Bay Packers now. When I saw him on TV against Detroit I said 'hey, I've heard that name before.' Well, have a good evening."
    I cant be the only one who read this story as the kid from Airplane talking to Roger Murdock...

"Hey, I know you. You're Kareem Abdul Jabaar. You play center for the Los Angeles Lakers."

"You must have me mistaken, my name is Roger Murdock, Im the co-pilot"

"I think you're greatest, but my dad says you dont try hard enough on defense, and that you take nights off."

"The hell I dont...tell your old man to bust his has for 48 minutes a night..."

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I cant be the only one who read this story as the kid from Airplane talking to Roger Murdock...

"Hey, I know you. You're Kareem Abdul Jabaar. You play center for the Los Angeles Lakers."

"You must have me mistaken, my name is Roger Murdock, Im the co-pilot"

"I think you're greatest, but my dad says you dont try hard enough on defense, and that you take nights off."

"The hell I dont...tell your old man to bust his has for 48 minutes a night..."
    I kinda thought that too as well as this:

Jay Cutler: Nice to meet you guys!

Stan: Nice to meet you! You kind of suck, but my dad says you might be good someday.

Jay Cutler: Thanks.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride4ever View Post
    I kinda thought that too as well as this:

Jay Cutler: Nice to meet you guys!

Stan: Nice to meet you! You kind of suck, but my dad says you might be good someday.

Jay Cutler: Thanks.

Sent using a Speak N Spell and an Etch a Sketch
    I'm disappointed that South Park has moved on from the Broncos jokes. I wonder what Trey and Matt would say about whats going on now with Brock and Peyton.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I'm disappointed that South Park has moved on from the Broncos jokes. I wonder what Trey and Matt would say about whats going on now with Brock and Peyton.
    Haven't seen South Park in years, but they could of had a hit by reenacting the meltdown I had in the stands after the Broncos lost to the Raiders despite only allowing 128 yards of total offense. I've already declared their season over due to their anemic offense.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Haven't seen South Park in years, but they could of had a hit by reenacting the meltdown I had in the stands after the Broncos lost to the Raiders despite only allowing 128 yards of total offense. I've already declared their season over due to their anemic offense.
    The offense is only anemic in the second half. It also coincides with the offensive line becoming...well...very offensive.

The offense is only anemic in the second half. It also coincides with the offensive line becoming...well...very offensive.
    They're tough to watch right now. No running leads to losing.

Elway has a hole to dig this team out and the offseason isn't going to be easy.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yeah I love my Steelers but any offense that goes like 6/20 with no TD's after halftime against William Gay and Co sucks.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah I love my Steelers but any offense that goes like 6/20 with no TD's after halftime against William Gay and Co sucks.
    When you don't have time to throw the ball it doesn't matter how bad the secondary behind it is. Also compounding that issue is WR/TE's that drop the ball. Making it even worse was the play calling. When the passing game isn't working, you need to run the ball to get the pressure off of your Oline so that the blitz isn't as effective. The issue is more that they have been focused on getting people around Brock, and not people in front of Brock. They brought in 11 players last week, after a game in which the oline as an identified issue. Add to that issue that the RB that is the better pass protector (CJ Anderson) was dinged up. Not only was there not a single OL in that group, but there wasn't a pass blocking RB either. I wonder if they have even bothered to have a discussion with Paul Cornick who is still in Denver to see weather his shoulder is even in condition to resume playing. The kid would know the system and have some familiarity with the verbiage. Can't be any worse than what they have right now.

When you don't have time to throw the ball it doesn't matter how bad the secondary behind it is. Also compounding that issue is WR/TE's that drop the ball. Making it even worse was the play calling. When the passing game isn't working, you need to run the ball to get the pressure off of your Oline so that the blitz isn't as effective. The issue is more that they have been focused on getting people around Brock, and not people in front of Brock. They brought in 11 players last week, after a game in which the oline as an identified issue. Add to that issue that the RB that is the better pass protector (CJ Anderson) was dinged up. Not only was there not a single OL in that group, but there wasn't a pass blocking RB either. I wonder if they have even bothered to have a discussion with Paul Cornick who is still in Denver to see weather his shoulder is even in condition to resume playing. The kid would know the system and have some familiarity with the verbiage. Can't be any worse than what they have right now.

Just compared NDSU's O-Line with Denver's O-line (both current), and NDSU has a slightly bigger line in regards to weight and height:

LT: Haeg (6'6'' - 310) Harris (6'5" - 302)
    LG: Johnson (6'4" - 326) Mathis (6'5" - 298)
    C: Kuhnert (6'4" - 301) Paradis (6'3" - 300)
    RG: Kelly (6'6" - 300) Vasquez (6'5" - 335)
    RT: Lechler (6'7" - 301) Schofield (6'6" - 301)

It's one thing to compare NDSU to the schools of the Big 10 and SEC, but a whole different comparison when matching them up to a competitive team from the NFL. It would be nice to see a strength test between NDSU and these other teams because if you look at the body type of the Rams, they're not a bunch of roly poly fat boys.
    Hail the BISON!!!