Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrance West declares for NFL Draft before title game

Default Re: Terrance West declares for NFL Draft before title game

he has nothing to gain by staying. but announcing it before the game is perplexing. plus next years draft class is very strong

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    he has nothing to gain by staying. but announcing it before the game is perplexing. plus next years draft class is very strong
    I suppose the guy might be thinking he could have an Nfl audience on Saturday.

I hope he gets a fair shot at the pros, but I don't think he'll have a lot to show on Saturday.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I'm not sure if you're talking about the '14 or '15 draft, but is the draft 3-4 rounds deep where it would effect West?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I'm not sure if you're talking about the '14 or '15 draft, but is the draft 3-4 rounds deep where it would effect West?
    2015 looks to be stronger imo, could be a difference between getting drafted a round higher. but i think the main reason he is leaving is because he has nothing to gain by staying

Best of luck to him. I just hope the Bison D can hold him to a west, which theoretically should be less than a zenner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Fin View Post
    Best of luck to him. I just hope the Bison D can hold him to a west, which theoretically should be less than a zenner.
    Unless he slips in the shower and breaks an ankle, he will get more than a Zenner. He's their only real offensive threat. 15-20 Zenners should be about the limit of his day and that would be far short of what they would need to win.

I expect them to give him the ball more than 8 times. Probably 25+.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Big time player in a big time game. The timing makes sense as now NFL scouts will actually be accessing the game opposed to just checking this West kid out. Although like many have mentioned, Im sure about 3/4 the way through the season he made up his mind and the word was out...or he at least put it out there as a definite possibility. NDSU has been talked up enough, and rightfully so, that this would be a perfect going out party if he has a big game. I don't foresee that being the case but if a guy has a season like he had and has made the announcement to leave, I would assume he has ample confidence in his ability.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

[This is probably too much of a distraction for the team to handle. Their star player telling his team he won't be back next year during the playoffs. They might as well not even play./QUOTE]

If anyone actually read the "story" linked to at the start of this thread, they wouldn't have seen West quoted, or any source cited. In fact, he's been asked about the draft all week long, and has repeatedly said he's focused on the game Saturday. I expect him to turn pro -- everyone does -- but he hasn't created a distraction for his team. It's just another horse$hit "reporter" claiming a scoop when there isn't one.

As for West's chances tomorrow, I doubt he'll break any long ones, and you could well keep him under 100 yards. But watch out for his backup, Darius Victor, who is a human bowling ball and actually averaged more yards per carry than T-West. You can't go to sleep on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan54 View Post
    [This is probably too much of a distraction for the team to handle. Their star player telling his team he won't be back next year during the playoffs. They might as well not even play./QUOTE]

If anyone actually read the "story" linked to at the start of this thread, they wouldn't have seen West quoted, or any source cited. In fact, he's been asked about the draft all week long, and has repeatedly said he's focused on the game Saturday. I expect him to turn pro -- everyone does -- but he hasn't created a distraction for his team. It's just another horse$hit "reporter" claiming a scoop when there isn't one.

As for West's chances tomorrow, I doubt he'll break any long ones, and you could well keep him under 100 yards. But watch out for his backup, Darius Victor, who is a human bowling ball and actually averaged more yards per carry than T-West. You can't go to sleep on him.
    You are venturing into areas you have no clue about. You don't know the culture of this board and I ain't about to explain it. It was ridiculous it didn't need purple which if you knew this board you would understand.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Unless he slips in the shower and breaks an ankle, he will get more than a Zenner. He's their only real offensive threat. 15-20 Zenners should be about the limit of his day and that would be far short of what they would need to win.

I expect them to give him the ball more than 8 times. Probably 25+.
    Yeah, I fully expect for him to get some yardage. A guy can dream though right?