Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polasek per McFeeley

Default Re: Polasek per McFeeley

Interesting!

I'll take Polasek and trust CK on Entz.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I think ENTZ grew up in Waterloo????

Matt Entz joined the Leathernecks in January 2013, reuniting with his collegiate head coach Bob Nielson. Entz was hired as Associate Head Coach and defensive line coach for the Leathernecks after coaching at Missouri Valley Football Conference rival Northern Iowa the past three seasons.

Entz coached the defensive line, and last season also served as defensive coordinator. In his three years, the Panthers won or shared two MVFC titles and made two appearances in the Division I FCS Playoffs. During the 2012 season, Entz's defense posted two shutouts and he had two members of the secondary earn All-MVFC honors. The Panthers ranked 28th nationally in scoring defense (21.4 ppg), 31st in total defense (337.6), and 41st in rushing defense.

The defense stood fifth nationally in scoring defense following the 2011 season and was sixth in turnover margin. His unit led the MVFC in pass defense and redzone defense, stood second in scoring defense and pass efficiency defense, and tied for third in sacks. That year the Panthers were ranked second in the final regular season 'Top 25' poll. Entz's defensive lineman Ben Boothby was a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the top defensive player in the country.

His defensive linemen in 2010 helped UNI rank seventh in sacks per game, 10th in rushing defense and second in the MVFC allowing just 345 total yards of offense per game. He coached two all-conference performers, including First Team selection Boothby.

A native of Waterloo, Iowa, Entz coached from 2002-09 at Winona State. He was a finalist for the American Football Coaches Association Division II Assistant Coach of the Year in 2006 and 2007, and won the prestigious award in 2008. The Warriors made four appearances in the Division II playoffs, and in 2002 participated in the Mineral Water Bowl. During his time at WSU the program was a combined 69-25.

Prior to the 2003 season, Entz was promoted to assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. One of his defenders was named the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference 'Defensive Player of the Year' for five consecutive years: Deric Sieck (LB/2002 and 2003), Jim Stanek (DT/2004), John Tackmann (OLB/2005 and 2006). Defensive tackle Roy Kratt was named NSIC 'Newcomer of the Year' in 2004.

During his final year with the Warriors, Entz's defense reduced the total yards per game allowed by 50 yards, and finished 16th nationally in turnover margin (+0.82). In 2009, he coached two First Team All-NSIC linebackers and three of his defensive linemen earned All-Conference honors.

He coached a First Team linebacker and Second Team All-Region cornerback in 2008 as the defense ranked fifth in turnovers gained (37) and third in turnover margin (+2.09). The 2007 team went undefeated in NSIC play and led the NCAA Division II in turnover margin (+1.9). Defensive back Shawn Cunningham concluded his career as a four-time All-NSIC selection.

The 2006 defensive unit not only boasted the NSIC 'Defensive Player of the Year', but Tackmann also led the NCAA in solo tackles, earned All-America honors from the AFCA, and was named the Glen Galligan Award winner as the NSIC's top football student-athlete. Four players on defense earned First Team All-NSIC honors.

All four defensive linemen in 2005 earned All-NSIC recognition, and Kratt was a regional finalist for the Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year award. Kratt was a Draddy Award nominee, leading a defensive unit that led the NSIC in points allowed per game. Entz organized a trip with the Winona State Leadership Committee to help with Hurricane Katrina relief in New Orleans.

In 2004 Stanek was a national finalist for the Gene Upshaw Lineman of the Year award as the Warriors won the NSIC title. The defense led the NSIC in total offense allowed (311.3 ypg). The unit ranked among the 'Top 30' nationally in total defense and rush defense as six defensive lineman had at least three quarterback sacks.

The 2003 team advanced to the NCAA Division II quarterfinals and won the conference regular season title. The squad finished fourth in turnover margin and 11th in points per game allowed at 16.3 ppg. Three of his defensive linemen earned All-Conference honors. Entz made an immediate impact when he joined the Warriors in 2002 as the team had two defensive linemen earn All-Conference honors, ranked 22nd in turnover margin (+0.80) and increased the quarterback sacks by +14 from the previous year.

He spent three seasons at Wayne State (Neb.) from 1999-2001, and prior to that was a graduate assistant from 1996-98. During his final year at Wayne State the team registered its best record in five years, has the NSIC 'Newcomer of the Year' in linebacker Adam Long, and two other linebackers earned First Team All-Conference honors.

Entz played for coach Nielson at Wartburg, graduating in 1995 with a bachelor's degree in Biology. He earned a master's degree from Wayne State in Education/Exercise Science in 1998.

He and his wife Brenda have two sons, Kellen and Konner.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'll take Polasek and trust CK on Entz.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes he did grow up in Waterloo. God damn I am pumped on these hires. Hope it is true on these names.

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Entz also has issues with Farley....

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BismarckBisonFan View Post
    Yes he did grow up in Waterloo. God damn I am pumped on these hires. Hope it is true on these names.
    I am too. I didn't think Polasek would come back unless it was a position like this!
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I think ENTZ grew up in Waterloo????

Matt Entz joined the Leathernecks in January 2013, reuniting with his collegiate head coach Bob Nielson. Entz was hired as Associate Head Coach and defensive line coach for the Leathernecks after coaching at Missouri Valley Football Conference rival Northern Iowa the past three seasons.

Entz coached the defensive line, and last season also served as defensive coordinator. In his three years, the Panthers won or shared two MVFC titles and made two appearances in the Division I FCS Playoffs. During the 2012 season, Entz's defense posted two shutouts and he had two members of the secondary earn All-MVFC honors. The Panthers ranked 28th nationally in scoring defense (21.4 ppg), 31st in total defense (337.6), and 41st in rushing defense.

The defense stood fifth nationally in scoring defense following the 2011 season and was sixth in turnover margin. His unit led the MVFC in pass defense and redzone defense, stood second in scoring defense and pass efficiency defense, and tied for third in sacks. That year the Panthers were ranked second in the final regular season 'Top 25' poll. Entz's defensive lineman Ben Boothby was a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the top defensive player in the country.

His defensive linemen in 2010 helped UNI rank seventh in sacks per game, 10th in rushing defense and second in the MVFC allowing just 345 total yards of offense per game. He coached two all-conference performers, including First Team selection Boothby.

A native of Waterloo, Iowa, Entz coached from 2002-09 at Winona State. He was a finalist for the American Football Coaches Association Division II Assistant Coach of the Year in 2006 and 2007, and won the prestigious award in 2008. The Warriors made four appearances in the Division II playoffs, and in 2002 participated in the Mineral Water Bowl. During his time at WSU the program was a combined 69-25.

Prior to the 2003 season, Entz was promoted to assistant head coach and defensive coordinator. One of his defenders was named the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference 'Defensive Player of the Year' for five consecutive years: Deric Sieck (LB/2002 and 2003), Jim Stanek (DT/2004), John Tackmann (OLB/2005 and 2006). Defensive tackle Roy Kratt was named NSIC 'Newcomer of the Year' in 2004.

During his final year with the Warriors, Entz's defense reduced the total yards per game allowed by 50 yards, and finished 16th nationally in turnover margin (+0.82). In 2009, he coached two First Team All-NSIC linebackers and three of his defensive linemen earned All-Conference honors.

He coached a First Team linebacker and Second Team All-Region cornerback in 2008 as the defense ranked fifth in turnovers gained (37) and third in turnover margin (+2.09). The 2007 team went undefeated in NSIC play and led the NCAA Division II in turnover margin (+1.9). Defensive back Shawn Cunningham concluded his career as a four-time All-NSIC selection.

The 2006 defensive unit not only boasted the NSIC 'Defensive Player of the Year', but Tackmann also led the NCAA in solo tackles, earned All-America honors from the AFCA, and was named the Glen Galligan Award winner as the NSIC's top football student-athlete. Four players on defense earned First Team All-NSIC honors.

All four defensive linemen in 2005 earned All-NSIC recognition, and Kratt was a regional finalist for the Gene Upshaw Division II Lineman of the Year award. Kratt was a Draddy Award nominee, leading a defensive unit that led the NSIC in points allowed per game. Entz organized a trip with the Winona State Leadership Committee to help with Hurricane Katrina relief in New Orleans.

In 2004 Stanek was a national finalist for the Gene Upshaw Lineman of the Year award as the Warriors won the NSIC title. The defense led the NSIC in total offense allowed (311.3 ypg). The unit ranked among the 'Top 30' nationally in total defense and rush defense as six defensive lineman had at least three quarterback sacks.

The 2003 team advanced to the NCAA Division II quarterfinals and won the conference regular season title. The squad finished fourth in turnover margin and 11th in points per game allowed at 16.3 ppg. Three of his defensive linemen earned All-Conference honors. Entz made an immediate impact when he joined the Warriors in 2002 as the team had two defensive linemen earn All-Conference honors, ranked 22nd in turnover margin (+0.80) and increased the quarterback sacks by +14 from the previous year.

He spent three seasons at Wayne State (Neb.) from 1999-2001, and prior to that was a graduate assistant from 1996-98. During his final year at Wayne State the team registered its best record in five years, has the NSIC 'Newcomer of the Year' in linebacker Adam Long, and two other linebackers earned First Team All-Conference honors.

Entz played for coach Nielson at Wartburg, graduating in 1995 with a bachelor's degree in Biology. He earned a master's degree from Wayne State in Education/Exercise Science in 1998.

He and his wife Brenda have two sons, Kellen and Konner.
    I guess he would know a friend of mine who played at Wartburg in the mid 90's.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I wonder if Entz also has issues with Farley....
    I wouldn't be surprised. Seems like he is one of the most difficult guys in the FCS to work with.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Lets assume its true which I bet it is...whats everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I guess he would know a friend of mine who played at Wartburg in the mid 90's.