Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Williams Accepts Shrine Game Invite

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Marcus Williams Accepts Shrine Game Invite

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Anyone know the times and channels for both games?
    Shrine Game:Link
    Senior Bowl: Link

Looks like both are on NFL Network
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

Marcus has also been invited to the NFL Combine...Per a Kolpack Tweet.

That's the first time two Bison have been invited to the Combine in the same year.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Marcus has also been invited to the NFL Combine...Per a Kolpack Tweet.

That's the first time two Bison have been invited to the Combine in the same year.
    It's too bad we are only FCS, we could get some real players here. I mean, we only had 4 NFL players on the 07 defense? I wish we could recruit here.

On a semi unrelated note, googling "Joe Mays" now produces only the former NDSU player, not the MLB pitcher. Awesome.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

chea mwill combine drafted nickelback kick returner steal of draft

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nf...w-shrine-game/

"On defensive backs after one day of practice.
    This writer has:

1. Marcus Williams from NDSU impressing"

"North Dakota State CB Marcus Williams looked good in his first impression. He's well-built at a hair under six feet, and he's got quick-twitch reaction that others lack. On one rep he easily carried Brown on his outside hip all the way down the field. His head is always moving around, showing very active eyes. This was my first exposure to Williams and based on the smoothness and alacrity I saw today, I'm looking forward to seeing more."

Awesome. Go get'em MWill.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

"Did not do too much during one-on-one’s or full scrimmage but from a technical point of view looked as good as any cornerback during drills."

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9221

More from that link:

Hopefully one-on-one's tomorrow show more for the defensive backs here, but overall, a handful stood out. Marcus Williams of North Dakota State is a small schooler myself and Matt Elder (formerly of BuffaloBillsDraft.com) have had our eye on since he was a sophomore, but his senior year was a bit up and down. However, he got the chance to play in off coverage, and his hip fluidity, balance downfield, and ability to gain speed and run with receivers was impressive in multiple deep coverage opportunities today. He certainly has the talent level to develop as an off-coverage cornerback, potentially an outside guy in nickel/dime sets.
    Initial reports from the EW Shrine bowl indicated that Marcus Williams, a cornerback from North Dakota St, is doing well.

He is one of my favorite small school players.

In addition, Williams has been invited to the combine. If he continues to do well at the Shrine Game, he could earn an invite to the Senior Bowl.

Williams played in 58 games at North Dakota St.
    He had 61 passes defended--24 interceptions and 37 passes broken up.

He returned 3 punts for 78 yards--26 yard average.
    He returned 44 kick offs for 1209 yards and two touchdowns--27.48 average.
    He returned 24 interceptions for 409 yards and 7 touchdowns--average of 20.96.

In summary, in 58 games Williams had 71 total returns for 1,790 yards and 9 touchdowns.
    He averaged 25.21 yards per return.

Williams was named to the first team FCS All American Team three times--he is one of five players to achieve that.

North Dakota St has won three consecutive national titles. Williams knows about winning football

Go Marcus! My all-time favorite Bison. I will, and have rabidly defended him. I have met him once and ran into him a few times in public. He was awesome with my kids, very gracious, polite, and a good guy! I will miss seeing number 1 on the field, but excited he may be playing on Sunday! Hall of fame!!

funniest thing ever on here was people doubting this dude he will look great in raiders black