Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Comes the Draft

Default Here Comes the Draft

Man am I excited for Friday and Saturday. That is unless the Seahawks shock the world and take Billy at 32.

I had been planning to write something up this week, but after bisonvilles favorite blogger Big Danny Gunderson put out his piece this weekend, I wasnt sure if I could compete with him. I said screw and still did my piece. Interested to hear where you think some of these guys will end up. What a fun class of seniors and hope they all have great adult lives.

http://bisonation.info/who-is-going-...su-2014-class/

If I got any stats or info or spelling wrong let me know. I will let BV proofread for my before I release to the masses on twitter-world

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Here Comes the Draft

FWIW I felt it was encompassing and informative. I enjoyed watching more game film without all the extra overlays.
    Nice piece Neis.
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Excellent Summary! Much better job summarizing the potential of these seniors than that piece done by Mr. Gunderson.

I personally pretty excited to see what happens by the end of this weekend... getting drafted is great, but I am also excited to see who becomes an UDFA. I really believe some of these guys are going to make NDSU proud at the next level.

just added some to the intro with a breakdown of previous picks.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I definitely liked the part about Michael Murphy. He is definitely the one who nobody is talking about that has the best chance of making a team. Problem for him is even though he has been next to perfect, there are only 32 jobs available and that has got to be really tough cracking into that very elite group.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I definitely liked the part about Michael Murphy. He is definitely the one who nobody is talking about that has the best chance of making a team. Problem for him is even though he has been next to perfect, there are only 32 jobs available and that has got to be really tough cracking into that very elite group.
    He has been pretty damn good on special teams coverage

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes very good summary. My predictions for NDSU 2014 NFL Draft. Billy Turner - 3rd round - Carolina Panthers. Brock Jensen - 6th round - Green Bay Packers. Marcus Williams - 7th round - Cincinnati Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Yes very good summary. My predictions for NDSU 2014 NFL Draft. Billy Turner - 3rd round - Carolina Panthers. Brock Jensen - 6th round - Green Bay Packers. Marcus Williams - 7th round - Cincinnati Bengals.
    I dont want to be a negative nancy on your predictions, but if Green Bay drafts Brock it will be the 7th round. Seems that is where they usually take a QB, if they take one at all.

I predict Brock goes undrafted and signs a free agent contract with the Packers.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Great piece! Love the videos with them. Thanks for taking the time to write that up!

Here's some things I noticed that you might want to change before you release:

Under Billy Turner, it says "Turner started nearly ever game..." Might want to change that to "every game..."
    Under Marcus Williams, is says "and set and FCS record..." Might want to change that to "and set an FCS record" Also, there's no period after (he also had 2 special teams TDs)
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.