Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi from South Carolina

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Hi from South Carolina

Well hopefully you included copies of those as well. If he was offered at the minimum a preferred walk on would he still come? Being FCS ball scholarships are usually split up to cover more players and sometimes needed to be earned over time or at least a larger share of one.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaFan View Post
    Andy's high school coach keeps punting and kicking separate. We were at Alabama's camp this summer and Nick Saban loved my son and spent 1/2 an hour with him. He was kicking bombs with 4.8-5.0 hang times! Then he asked if Andy kicks and when he told him no.....that was all she wrote. We started working on kicking asap and went to a kickers camp first chance we had. Andy is fast at picking things up and within two weeks he was hitting field goals from 55 yards! I showed his coach the tapes and asked him to at least allow for my son to challenge for some kicking duties......he wouldn't do it.
    First...welcome and good luck to your son. NDSU would be a great choice for any College Major, but Emergency Mgt seems like a dandy these days. Especially for getting a job in Frisco, Texas when the local establishments run out of liquid beverage?

Second..Nick Saban being a butthead? Wow thats hard to imagine!

Third...I agree with CAS, we can never have enough backup punters or anyone for that matter!

Fourth...NDSU punters are as integral to this team as anyone. Current punter can kicks with an awesome leg and the mind of a Physicist! Punter before him punted well, but is famous for a fake-punt in a fairly important game once...lol. Then of course there once was a punter, who could also kick-the-crap-outa-the-ball, and do a few dance-moves at halftime of b-ball games, who BTW is now Editor of Bison Illustrated!!
    So who cares what your son majors in..lol, if he can kick, he will do fine!!!

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    First...welcome and good luck to your son. NDSU would be a great choice for any College Major, but Emergency Mgt seems like a dandy these days. Especially for getting a job in Frisco, Texas when the local establishments run out of liquid beverage?

Second..Nick Saban being a butthead? Wow thats hard to imagine!

Third...I agree with CAS, we can never have enough backup punters or anyone for that matter!

Fourth...NDSU punters are as integral to this team as anyone. Current punter can kicks with an awesome leg and the mind of a Physicist! Punter before him punted well, but is famous for a fake-punt in a fairly important game once...lol. Then of course there once was a punter, who could also kick-the-crap-outa-the-ball, and do a few dance-moves at halftime of b-ball games, who BTW is now Editor of Bison Illustrated!!

So who cares what your son majors in..lol, if he can kick, he will do fine!!!

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/

That dancing punter had a heckuva of an arm on him too!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    Well that does make him a Jr next year and if I read the roster correctly he is our only punter. That would give a new punter coming in 2 years to get better at his craft and one of those years would be as a redshirt. We have essentially 3 kickers listed since our current punter is listed as P/K and the other 2 only as K. So I could see a 2nd punter on the roster because who knows anything is possible and we could find ourselves short a punter due to illness or whatever in the future if we rely on only 1 person.
    Name they last time 2 scholarship punters were on the roster. When ben redshirted didn't count because they recruited him unsure if Matt could handle the duties

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Notice in a later comment I also asked if he would come if offered only as a preferred walk on. I am fully aware of the lack of scholarship money to spread around for all the needs of a football team at the FCS level.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    Notice in a later comment I also asked if he would come if offered only as a preferred walk on. I am fully aware of the lack of scholarship money to spread around for all the needs of a football team at the FCS level.
    I believe that NDSU was one of the first, if not the first, to offer a degree in Emergency Management

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Name they last time 2 scholarship punters were on the roster. When ben redshirted didn't count because they recruited him unsure if Matt could handle the duties
    Prelvitz and Drago were on the roster at the same time (2007). Prelvitz was originally a walk-on, but I thought he received some scholly money once he started his soph/jr/sr seasons.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

I didn't but if they get back to us I can send them some. It's almost funny because he can kick field goals with ease but he struggles with kickoffs! Andy's extremely competitive and it drives him nuts! LOL. I know it will just take some more work and it will improve.
    As far as scholarship, he's a heck of a baseball player and has great grades. There might be some creative ways to pay for everything.

Andy has made it clear to me that if everything can't be paid through academic and athletic scholarship he will go in the military. I hate that because in the right program and with solid development the sky is the limit. (That's from coaches, scouts and people who know more than me)

Tell Andy that when he drops the ball imagine a glass of water is sitting on the laces and not one drop should spill before it hits his foot. - Good Luck from a former Punter. (Also a canon for an arm will be needed for fakes)