Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi from South Carolina

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Hi from South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaFan View Post
    Thanks for kind words and support guys! I went to GoBison and emailed Coach Klieman. Time to send up some prayers and see what happens! Both my sons and I will be watching the National Championship game vs Towson Jan 4th. "Go Bisons!"
    Good luck and Go Bison!*

*No s on the end.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

It would be very unusual for NDSU to offer a punter this year as their all conference punter is just a sophomore. What schools does he have offers from?

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaFan View Post
    Thanks for kind words and support guys! I went to GoBison and emailed Coach Klieman. Time to send up some prayers and see what happens! Both my sons and I will be watching the National Championship game vs Towson Jan 4th. "Go Bisons!"
    Best of luck to your son, if not here then wherever he ends up. Wishing you both the best in 2014.

BTW the EM program is one of the best in the nation....the program has international contacts and several of their graduates have gone on to do some huge things.
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    It would be very unusual for NDSU to offer a punter this year as their all conference punter is just a sophomore. What schools does he have offers from?

Welcome to the board. Nice to hear your son is interested in academics and football at NDSU. Good luck to his pursuit of both a degree and football.
    Once a Bison always a Bison

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Well that does make him a Jr next year and if I read the roster correctly he is our only punter. That would give a new punter coming in 2 years to get better at his craft and one of those years would be as a redshirt. We have essentially 3 kickers listed since our current punter is listed as P/K and the other 2 only as K. So I could see a 2nd punter on the roster because who knows anything is possible and we could find ourselves short a punter due to illness or whatever in the future if we rely on only 1 person.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    Well that does make him a Jr next year and if I read the roster correctly he is our only punter. That would give a new punter coming in 2 years to get better at his craft and one of those years would be as a redshirt. We have essentially 3 kickers listed since our current punter is listed as P/K and the other 2 only as K. So I could see a 2nd punter on the roster because who knows anything is possible and we could find ourselves short a punter due to illness or whatever in the future if we rely on only 1 person.
    Also, punters are not immune to injury the last time in checked. Doubt we would have won KState or UNI game without great punting. Just think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Also, punters are not immune to injury the last time in checked. Doubt we would have won KState or UNI game without great punting. Just think about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Also if he does some other kicking (kickoffs) like LeCompte may help his cause too.

Thanks! Bison it is!

Andy's high school coach keeps punting and kicking separate. We were at Alabama's camp this summer and Nick Saban loved my son and spent 1/2 an hour with him. He was kicking bombs with 4.8-5.0 hang times! Then he asked if Andy kicks and when he told him no.....that was all she wrote. We started working on kicking asap and went to a kickers camp first chance we had. Andy is fast at picking things up and within two weeks he was hitting field goals from 55 yards! I showed his coach the tapes and asked him to at least allow for my son to challenge for some kicking duties......he wouldn't do it.