Page 89 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Bohl Recruiting NDSU Recruits

Hail bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bohl Recruiting NDSU Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Are you DeHoff? I hope so because you'll be gone soon.
    Sorry ms dorn. I am not. Won't be seeing you at the hodo tonight

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Wahlo reverse in first or second series IORC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I must have blocked that one out. I did say WTF to my wife on that one.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Percy reverse last night in 1st series didn't end up so bad... Jus sayin...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

It sounds like people here are confusing a classic reverse with a jet action sweep. Very different things.

CAS would be right, if we were talking about a reverse, but we're not. Unless I'm remembering the play wrong. A classic reverse is designed to get the defense all flowing towards a play in one direction while bringing a guy back in the opposite direction for a gain or to keep the defense from over pursuing.

Jet action on the other hand is designed to hold the linebackers and safeties for a second while they decide if the Jet action player has the ball or not. NDSU has used this for years with Ryan Smith, sometimes they hand it off, sometimes they don't, but either way it holds the safeties and linebackers for a second and allows the offense to run other plays off of it.

Long story short, a reverse tests a defense's ability to stay disciplined with their assignments on the back side of a play. Jet action, like any motion, gets a defense to show it's coverage or can be used as a weapon to make the defense hesitate while you run a different play.

The Percy play last night was a Jet sweep. Which is why I assumed you all were confusing the two. I don't remember the Wahlo play, it could very well have been a reverse.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

potato tomato!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree with CAS on his questioning of that reverse, that was a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment. The risk of a negative play is too great to run that play in that situation/field position in my opinion, which really isn't worth much, but I didn't like that play call there at all. And the play we ran was not a jet sweep, it was a pure reverse. I would have been ok with a Jet sweep because the potential for a big loss isn't as great.

Also an additional question on the jet sweep, does anyone know if that is an option play going to the line with the ball being snapped and the hand off going to different options based on the defensive alignment and/or reaction to the jet action?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Ran across this article about WY commit CJ Jennings. Remembering these are still high school kids:
    "I've been going through coaches like crazy and now I got a new coach at Wyoming. He signed a five-year contract and I plan on being there a good four years a least, too."
    It is interesting what recruits look at/or say. I do agree Laramie doesn't have 'distractions'.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0,5522710.post

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Ran across this article about WY commit CJ Jennings. Remembering these are still high school kids:
    "I've been going through coaches like crazy and now I got a new coach at Wyoming. He signed a five-year contract and I plan on being there a good four years a least, too."
    It is interesting what recruits look at/or say. I do agree Laramie doesn't have 'distractions'.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...0,5522710.post
    Just got a Georgia Tech offer...never know what happens tonight.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Just got a Georgia Tech offer...never know what happens tonight.
    Closer to home and warmer.